• 16(current)
Release ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<
Some thoughts/suggestions after playing around with 1.0.7:

1. The banner at the top of the home screen that now has the SiO2 molecule could be replaced with the official SiO2 logo from page 1 (with the black backgrounda round it) with "XB" on the left of it and "MC" on the right side of it... The molecule by itself looks "lonely" right now in the middle of that big space. And maybe the "clean" metallic banner look is better than the one with spots and dots?

2. If we can't move the icons on the home screen ourselves, that's fine. But maybe move "settings" and "off" to the end of the list so that its naturally at the end no matter what we eliminate, instead of ending up in the middle for some of us?

3. On the home screen, the blue frame that moves from icon to icon when we navigate across behaves a bit oddly (at least on the Apple TV2). If you press once, it's fine. If you press twice quickly, it will either jump to the end and come back to where you want it, or go two spots over much more slowly than it did in the other direction. Maybe there are some tweaks to make it more fluid, faster, more consistent?
This problem just started in the last hour or so:

1. When you click on one of the shelf icons, before it brings up the first menu for that unique icon, it will first show you a black screen with the name of the previously-browsed add-on before it jerks to the one you clicked on. So if I'm looking at the add-on "Fastpass", then go to my home screen and click "icefilms" add-on, it will first show me a black screen that says "Fastpass" and appear frozen for about 2 seconds.

2. Navigation on the home screen (blue frame) seems to have improved (not really a problem Big Grin )

Is there any any way to make the thin bar at the bottom of the screen that comes up when you're watching media (long silver bar with black "caps" that shows how far you are in a movie, stream, etc) also show how much of the media has buffered? Confluence has this feature, where a light grey color will "fill" the solid black bar as it buffers more and more. It's very helpful to see how much has buffered from a source, but the current sio2 bar doesn't show that. Thanks!
(2012-12-12, 07:20)Rhino89 Wrote: Is there any any way to make the thin bar at the bottom of the screen that comes up when you're watching media (long silver bar with black "caps" that shows how far you are in a movie, stream, etc) also show how much of the media has buffered? Confluence has this feature, where a light grey color will "fill" the solid black bar as it buffers more and more. It's very helpful to see how much has buffered from a source, but the current sio2 bar doesn't show that. Thanks!

the code is there, but it is not showing yet because I need to work on it a little more (it was behaving funny).
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
1.0.8 up
Image Image
Most of the addons have square icon, your icons on home screen are rectangle, so addons icons are squashed on home screen.

Favorites on shelf show no icon.

I like previous SiO2 better but someone will definitely prefer current Smile

Some question from my previous post (#228) are still valid.
Oh come on man!

Have you just read Steve Jobs' bio and are trying the jackass management method? :-p

The guy is spending hours coding for free just for our benefits and you can't even manage a tad of politeness...
Love the skin, great work!

My only comments are to the TV shows within the home screen. I can't launch any of the newly added shows on the shelf, selecting one seemingly does nothing.

Also a design thought, the titles that show up as you hover on a newly added episode, can that be the show name rather than the episode name? It would make it faster as I just read as opposed to try and place which show the episode snapshot is from.

I'm on 1.07 btw, will update to 1.08 tonight, Thanks!
I have the same problem as nitrous. Will the new version automatically update since I have the repo installed? Btw great great skin . Lovin' it . Thanks
(2012-12-13, 00:08)NitrousXBMC Wrote: Love the skin, great work!

My only comments are to the TV shows within the home screen. I can't launch any of the newly added shows on the shelf, selecting one seemingly does nothing.

Also a design thought, the titles that show up as you hover on a newly added episode, can that be the show name rather than the episode name? It would make it faster as I just read as opposed to try and place which show the episode snapshot is from.

I'm on 1.07 btw, will update to 1.08 tonight, Thanks!

You should have a banner on top of the Snapshot with TVshow title... if not try updating your library artwork...
..make shure you have skin.widgets installed and updated.

if you just see the snapshot with no banners something is not working right...

this is how it's supposed to look:

as you can see you will know exactely which show is the snap from...

FRODO should ask you to update your thumb library on first run... if not try manually.
Image Image
I've tried everything and still no luck. Recently added episodes on home shelf works under confluence.. Weird
Unfortunately some people reported that they had to erase database and rescan, I hope that's not the case!!

I believe Confluence uses xbmc "core" latestitem.infos My skin relies on "skin.widgets" recentitem.infos (not real properties just making a point)

so if you diasabled skin.widgets or don't have it installed it won't work.( and at this very moment skin.widgets shows as broken )
Image Image

this is what i meant.
Would it be possible to add the MPAA rating badge to the lower left next to the other badges?
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
(2012-12-13, 03:22)scrolling Wrote: Image
Would it be possible to add the MPAA rating badge to the lower left next to the other badges?

ACTAULLY IT'S already in the code!! I forgot to switch folder... if you don't want to wait for next update you can fix it yourself by changing this:

in videoviews.xml:

line 489 should be turned into this : <texture>$VAR[MPAAS,Mpaa/,.png]</texture>

(2012-12-13, 02:43)iamjustme Wrote:

this is what i meant.

unfortunately it's not a skin problem... I doublechecked the code... must be skin.widget behaving funny.
as I said this skin totally relies on the awesomeness of skin.widgets and leaves out the "core" properties, It behaves more to my liking, but if the widgets are acting funny than so it's the skin.

try and clean your Library refresh it and make shure You are on RC1 frodo with 0.0.17 widgets.. I also noticed that one of the shows starts in your video, so my best guess is something is wrong in the links in database...
Image Image
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<19