• 17(current)
Release ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<
(2012-12-12, 22:21)relyter Wrote: Most of the addons have square icon, your icons on home screen are rectangle, so addons icons are squashed on home screen.

Favorites on shelf show no icon.

I like previous SiO2 better but someone will definitely prefer current Smile

Some question from my previous post (#228) are still valid.

I see no other way.

- rectangling a square is impossible w/out stretching, but since addons icons usually are fairly simple letters - numbers - etc. I don't see it so bad compared to have a little square inside the rectangle.

- Squared Icons in Home isn't happening in SiO2.

- Scaling options would cut out important parts from the addon icon...

I stick with option 1 stretching - It would be possible to switch the addon icon itself, but then it would look funny everywhere else...
I even thought of making original art for each skin, but the check system in Home would make code very heavy and that's something else I'm trying (trying) to avoid in SiO2....

If you see the light and come up with a solution, I'd be happy to have good aspect ratio on Home Icons (especially because right now also weather gets stretched)... but so far this is all I got..

Wink

Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2012-12-13, 11:37)fastcolors Wrote: I see no other way.

- rectangling a square is impossible w/out stretching, but since addons icons usually are fairly simple letters - numbers - etc. I don't see it so bad compared to have a little square inside the rectangle.

- Squared Icons in Home isn't happening in SiO2.

- Scaling options would cut out important parts from the addon icon...

I stick with option 1 stretching - It would be possible to switch the addon icon itself, but then it would look funny everywhere else...
I even thought of making original art for each skin, but the check system in Home would make code very heavy and that's something else I'm trying (trying) to avoid in SiO2....

If you see the light and come up with a solution, I'd be happy to have good aspect ratio on Home Icons (especially because right now also weather gets stretched)... but so far this is all I got..

Wink
Yeah, those are exactly the words i was expecting from you. I had a little hope that you'll have some ace in sleeve, but unfortunately you don't Smile. I totally agree with you that stretching in this case is a best solution.
I tried refreshing the database, updated to rc1 and even reinstalling skin.widget but the problem persist.. Anyone else having this problem?
(2012-12-13, 11:23)fastcolors Wrote: ACTAULLY IT'S already in the code!! I forgot to switch folder... if you don't want to wait for next update you can fix it yourself by changing this:

in videoviews.xml:

line 489 should be turned into this : <texture>$VAR[MPAAS,Mpaa/,.png]</texture>
Thanks I'll try it when I get home tonight.

I found a couple other things. I was playing around with the home screen customization settings and found when you turn off the weather icon it says MARCH. Also, when you're in the TV show section and select "i" for episode information the thumbnail isn't showing up.
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
(2012-12-13, 01:36)fastcolors Wrote: You should have a banner on top of the Snapshot with TVshow title... if not try updating your library artwork...
..make shure you have skin.widgets installed and updated.

if you just see the snapshot with no banners something is not working right...

This is how my current shelf appears

I hadn't seen a sample with the banners before, now the layout makes complete sense Smile. I'm sure I don't have
banner images stored locally (always preferred posters), so I will update and get back to you if this is still an issue.

With last night's skin and widget update I can now launch shows from the shelf.

Thanks again!
For me is says that the skin is broken in your repo, is that true or is it something on my end.

I am running Frodo RC1
Hey nitrous,What version is your skin.widget? Recent added episodes on shelf still doesn't play for me but movies does..
(2012-12-13, 19:26)NitrousXBMC Wrote:
(2012-12-13, 01:36)fastcolors Wrote: You should have a banner on top of the Snapshot with TVshow title... if not try updating your library artwork...
..make shure you have skin.widgets installed and updated.

if you just see the snapshot with no banners something is not working right...

This is how my current shelf appears

I hadn't seen a sample with the banners before, now the layout makes complete sense Smile. I'm sure I don't have
banner images stored locally (always preferred posters), so I will update and get back to you if this is still an issue.

With last night's skin and widget update I can now launch shows from the shelf.

Thanks again!

Cool! Wink enjoy the skin!

(2012-12-13, 19:56)mpalatsi Wrote: For me is says that the skin is broken in your repo, is that true or is it something on my end.

I am running Frodo RC1

shouldn't be...

if You want you can use Fusion Installer to get the skin... I know they make it easier to install a lot of addons..

I had reports that removing the repo and completely redownload it (replace it) fixed issues...

anyway the skin isn't broken as of now.. tested and checked with a few people...

hope you get this working. Wink
Image Image
Anyone try adding a "favorite" into the shortcuts available through the green "add-ons" icon? For some reason the thumbnail for it will not appear, I'm stuck with the black box with the musical note... But add-ons added in there are fine, thumbnails appear. And I know these favorites have a thumbnail with a cover for that show, it shows me that thumbnail if I go through the "favorites" icon instead. Hmmm...?

EDIT: Fastcolors is aware of the issue, as he noted on xbmchub.
the issue is with script.favourites... I posted a thread so hopefully it will get fixed...

in script.favourites/default.py

this line

xbmc.executebuiltin( 'Skin.SetString(%s,u%s)' % ( '%s.%s' % ( self.property, "Icon", ), fav_icon, ) )

should be changed into:

xbmc.executebuiltin( 'Skin.SetString(%s,%s)' % ( '%s.%s' % ( self.property, "Icon", ), fav_icon, ) )

..remove the extra useless "u".

with this fix everything goes back to normal!

if you guy don't want to code stuff here's a link to fixed script.favourites

LINK

just unzip it in addons folder...

happy favouriting.
Image Image
(2012-12-13, 23:49)fastcolors Wrote: the issue is with script.favourites... I posted a thread so hopefully it will get fixed...

in script.favourites/default.py

this line

xbmc.executebuiltin( 'Skin.SetString(%s,u%s)' % ( '%s.%s' % ( self.property, "Icon", ), fav_icon, ) )

should be changed into:

xbmc.executebuiltin( 'Skin.SetString(%s,%s)' % ( '%s.%s' % ( self.property, "Icon", ), fav_icon, ) )

..remove the extra useless "u".

with this fix everything goes back to normal!

if you guy don't want to code stuff here's a link to fixed script.favourites

LINK

just unzip it in addons folder...

happy favouriting.

Problem solved. Thank you.
1.0.9 up

Label Fixing - Less Custom More Core
Added Genres & songs as possibilities for Music Icon Shortcut
Added choice to go directely into Skin Specific Settings
Removed LOVE-BAN last.fm since is not supported by xbmc anymore.
Fixes here & there. Fixed Covers not showing up in OSX.

Image Image
Hmmmm, after clean install of the latest RaspBMC, SiO2 marked as broken in rep with "Dependencies not met" . Probably i don't have Rss client, but could not install it since it also marked as broken in Pieh repo Smile and i could not find RSS addon as zip.
Anyway found 1.0.9 on xbmchub.
(2012-12-14, 21:21)relyter Wrote: Hmmmm, after clean install of the latest RaspBMC, SiO2 marked as broken in rep with "Dependencies not met" . Probably i don't have Rss client, but could not install it since it also marked as broken in Pieh repo Smile and i could not find RSS addon as zip.
Anyway found 1.0.9 on xbmchub.

RSS client is not a dependency! I removed since I knew it wouldn't be updated ...

Probably it's Skin.Widget, I think they're playing around with it..
try refreshing widgets install...

dependencies of this skin are:

xbmc.gui 4.0.0 frodo
script.favourites 3.2.5 (currently 4.0.4)
service.skin.widgets 0.0.13 (currently I believe 0.0.17)
and script.rss.editor 2.0.2

Let me know! I'd rather it to work so people could get auto upadates!!

Thanks!

yep, skin widget seems to be the issue...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1266075
Image Image
OK, i have favorites 4.0.4 modified by you ( http://cl.ly/181n1F3p423Q ), updated skin.widget to 17 ( https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/service.skin.widgets ) and rss 2.0.2 from official repo. Also tried to clean install your repo. Sorry, still broken. Should we wait for updated skin.widgets?

UPD. May be something wrong with my XBMC install, i could not see any skin in Appearance, besides current and Confluence. It ignores all i unzip to addon folder.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<19