• 35(current)
Release ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<
Your repo unexpectedly works for me, so i installed si02-x Smile. As i said before i like where this is going - new icons, new skinning of the lists, shelf etc. There's few things i notice:
- Some home icons have strange 1 pixel width line on the right side. Well i think all icons have it, but it's less noticeable for a few because of color. It's easy to see on Pictures, Weather, Media Sources, Exit.
- Icons of the favs/addons on home are streched to si02 format i.e. with less rounded corners. So new selection rectangle doesn't fit good with those icons.
- profiles and video tutorials in settings not skinned
- There's still old si02 icon in skin settings.
Did you intentionally drop icons view for movies and tv shows or it's just MIA?
I think you need default all list to big list not ATVlist!

Performance is still very good on RPi. Smile

PS. Why don't you consider Skin dev repo? Users won't have that repo problems with it.
(2013-04-27, 13:26)relyter Wrote: Your repo unexpectedly works for me, so i installed si02-x Smile. As i said before i like where this is going - new icons, new skinning of the lists, shelf etc. There's few things i notice:
- Some home icons have strange 1 pixel width line on the right side. Well i think all icons have it, but it's less noticeable for a few because of color. It's easy to see on Pictures, Weather, Media Sources, Exit.

I forgot to add shadows. Fixed in next up Wink

Quote:- Icons of the favs/addons on home are streched to si02 format i.e. with less rounded corners. So new selection rectangle doesn't fit good with those icons.

That is fixed too... i forgot to change diffuse and since I use transparent icons for my addons I didn't notice.. evrybody else did. This is the most feddbacked bug I have Confused

Quote:- profiles and video tutorials in settings not skinned

I love you. completely missed out on that!!!!

Quote:- There's still old si02 icon in skin settings.

ops. Thanks.

Quote:Did you intentionally drop icons view for movies and tv shows or it's just MIA?
I think you need default all list to big list not ATVlist!

nope!! Icons should be there!!! OMG!! will fix definitely MIA bug!!!

I have an issue with default view... I'm trying to set sio2view as default, but everyone seems to get different views as default!!!!
..gotta investigate that...

Quote:PS. Why don't you consider Skin dev repo? Users won't have that repo problems with it.

it's a pain the whole email thing...

Thanks so much for taking time in deep testing!!!
I appreciate it lots.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
I figured in order to completely reset views and make my "hardcoded choice" work, I had to wipe off both guisetttings.xml AND ViewModes4.db

otherwise XBMC would keep messing everything up.
I guess it's because in guisettings.xml the views are pointing to codes from ViewModes4.db not Skin XML's lists.

..I'll try and add a script in maintenance to wipe those out.
Image Image
Hi,
Your skin looks great but I`m having trouble seeing your repo. Keeps showing up empty. Have you any idea why thanks.

(I also tried using the sio2 zip you posted above^ but when installing that is says "dependencies not met"...)
(2013-04-28, 15:03)Bengaz Wrote: Hi,
Your skin looks great but I`m having trouble seeing your repo. Keeps showing up empty. Have you any idea why thanks.

(I also tried using the sio2 zip you posted above^ but when installing that is says "dependencies not met"...)

I have exactly the same problem. The repo doesn't load (even refreshing it several times) and I cannot install it manually because i get a "dependencies not met" message.

Any Idea?

Thank you very much for your work and congrats for this excellent skin

PS. I tried it in mac os x lion and raspberry pi with openelec. Both with Frodo 12.1
If you want to install from zip file You need to make shure you previously get these addons:

SKIN WIDGETS (you find it in the official repo)

Cinema Experience

I have no clue as why my repo shows up empty for some of You...

benig trying to get infos, but came up emty handed and clueless...

if anybody wants to join the conversation and throw in ideas....

anyway with the aforementioned addons installed everything should work properly.
Image Image
Can anyone help me with changing the text underneath the Icons? like movies or tv shows i want to make them say TV and FILMS or whatever ? like how can i change them just the text? ty in advance
(2013-05-02, 01:39)ggeegino Wrote: Can anyone help me with changing the text underneath the Icons? like movies or tv shows i want to make them say TV and FILMS or whatever ? like how can i change them just the text? ty in advance

those label are set in XBMC itself.

if you change them at skin level you'll lose the change at every update...

try and search the forum or ask in XBMC general.. there might be a way to change them at user level...

meanwhile... enjoy the skin Wink
Image Image
Hi fastcolors, what a great skin!

Really nice to have the add-ons directly in the homescreen.
Is it possible to also put the program add-ons in the homescreen?
Because I'm frequently using Navi-x.

Cheers!
Chris
(2013-05-02, 10:11)fastcolors Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 01:39)ggeegino Wrote: Can anyone help me with changing the text underneath the Icons? like movies or tv shows i want to make them say TV and FILMS or whatever ? like how can i change them just the text? ty in advance

those label are set in XBMC itself.

if you change them at skin level you'll lose the change at every update...

try and search the forum or ask in XBMC general.. there might be a way to change them at user level...

meanwhile... enjoy the skin Wink

thank you so much for the reply i will def do that thanks for the help!
(2013-05-02, 13:43)ChrisP Wrote: Hi fastcolors, what a great skin!

Really nice to have the add-ons directly in the homescreen.
Is it possible to also put the program add-ons in the homescreen?
Because I'm frequently using Navi-x.

Cheers!
Chris

yes it's possible add them from home page customizer in skin settings.
Image Image
How do you change whether posters or thumbnails are shown for the Recent widgets?
And for the old Sio2 could you not make the two rows fit the screen?[/i]
(2013-05-14, 01:52)bigbodiehard Wrote: How do you change whether posters or thumbnails are shown for the Recent widgets?
And for the old Sio2 could you not make the two rows fit the screen?[/i]

sio2 (regular) - The two rows don't fit the screen because they don't in appletv, same goes for posters or thumbs. (the choice of making original sio2 closer to ATV interface was due to popular user demand...)

sio2-X has thumbs for tvshows and rows of 6 icons fitting the bottom part... looks a little less like ATV, and it's gonna slowly move away from it.

hope that helps.

Enjoy!
Image Image
first off, wonderful skin. i usually change skins every two to three months from aeon mq, ace, quartz and metropolis. sio2 is the skin im into now. i normally like to edit the skin through the xmls for a personal touch. can you help me rearrange the order so in the main menu it goes * movies * tv shows * music * pictures * addons * weather * instead of * addons * pictures * weather. ive looked into the includes.xml but cant really figure it out.

also can you teach me how to incorporate fanart3 view from quartz into sio2 if that is possible

thanks in advance
Any way to make this more mouse friendly
I like the skin and I hate having to use the keyboard, is there any way to make this more mouse friendly. I don't want to buy a remote as I have XBMC through an HTPC. Many times I find when I click on an icon with the mouse, the submenu appears and then disappears when I move the mouse cursor toward it. I find the only way to consistently get it to work is if I select the icon with the keyboard and navigate the submenu also with the keyboard. Another thing I would appreciate is to make right click go back only one screen instead of the home screen. This again forces me to use the keyboard if I want to go back one page. One final note, Is it possible to change the size of the Custom Shelf Icon so it fits in the banner on top better?

Thank You for any and all help in advance and Thank You for the great work
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<19