Straight to files
(2013-01-24, 21:22)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 15:32)danmedhurst Wrote: I hate the Library mode because i don't want my movies showing up in 15 different genres..

And this is one of the reasons I love Library mode, because most movies can't be pigeon-holed into a single genre. It doesn't matter to me if a movie shows up in multiple genres, because I'll only look in certain genres for movies; the rest, I ignore. My wife may want to watch a given movie because it's listed under Romance and I may want to watch the same movie because I found it under Comedy. Or I may decide that, since it's listed under both Romance and Comedy, it may be a "chick flick" and not something I would want to watch after all. Smile

Good points and i'm sure 99% of people agree with you Smile I just like organising them myself Smile

Out of interest, is it possible to have genre posters and fan art in library mode?

(2013-01-24, 15:32)danmedhurst Wrote: I think we are both using it the same, I hate the Library mode because i don't want my movies showing up in 15 different genres.. So i use file mode and change the the "fan art" view.. All my genre folders have folder.jpg and fanart.jpg sat in them so it pretty much looks like the library mode, but i have control over my genre's by putting the files in them however i like.. eg

Action
Movie 1 Title [2012 BluRay].mkv
Adventure
Movie 2 Title [2012 BluRay].mkv

works really well for how i like it.

What skin allows fanart to display in file mode? I've upgraded from Dharma recently where this was permitted but I can't seem to be able to make it work in Frodo's new Confluence skin. File mode only seems to display fanart once you're within a folder. It won't display fanart while browsing among folders. And the old "fan art" views do not even exist anymore as those views are now only found in the Library. I do not use the library like you, and have my shows organized like you as well. Would you be able to tell me how you've make file mode work with your artwork?

I was running MediaStream on Dharma, and when navigating in file mode, I could browse the list of folders (in which each contained fanart.jpg within the folder) and the fanart would display, and also would obviously display when I entered that folder. But now, it seems file mode only displays fanart once you enter a folder. At least, this is the way it seems to work in the new Confluence skin.
Which file are you editing to re-enable this option? I am still running v10 for this exact reason -- I don't like the horizontal menus nor the library mode. (I have little kids and I have XBMC 10.1 setup to load directly into their Files folder.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Straight to files0