• 8(current)
Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside)
(2012-10-17, 07:50)Hitcher Wrote: If it slows things down then I'm ok with it as it is.
(2012-10-17, 08:05)jmarshall Wrote: And no, allowing mixed case properties wouldn't slow things down - we'd just lowercase them all on first read.
Then making them case-insensitive would be a good idea.
(2012-10-17, 01:22)jmarshall Wrote: @Hitcher: Actually, that commit didn't allow Container.TVShowThumb - i.e. the commit message is wrong. Reason is that the Container.* stuff always comes from the parent window. It would have enabled ListItem.TVShowThumb, however.
(2012-10-17, 07:50)Hitcher Wrote: Ah right, so will that still work now then?
(2012-10-17, 08:05)jmarshall Wrote: It *should*, yes Smile
OK I'll test later and report back.
ListItem.TVShowThumb doesn't work and I've just noticed that ListItem.Art(fanart) also becomes empty when going from a movie to episode -

yet it worked before -

Ah - we're probably not hitting the magic "refresh me" code is what's wrong. Will fix.

I'll look into lower-casing the art - we must be already doing properties.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks.
Ok, listitem.art(tvshowthumb) is fixed in the above case. I had a look at case-sensitivity, and have confirmed that properties have always been case-sensitive**. Similarly, art will always be case sensitive.

Note that this does not mean that the art name (or property) will always be lower-cased - we can't make that guarantee at present as scripts can set properties (and in the future, art), and we cannot guarantee that. It might be possible to allow everything to be case-insensitive at a lower level if it's deemed essential.

Cheers,
Jonathan

**Note that, due to a coincidence, listitem.property(fanart_image) IS case-insensitive since the change to use listitem.art - it's the only one, however.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan.
Currently the tmdb scraper uses poster for ListItem.Art(thumb) and ListItem.Art(poster) (same with tvdb scraper for tv shows). I thought this could be optimized and I added local poster.jpg and a resized 16:9 fanart (720x405, size could be even smaller) as thumb.jpg. Now I can use ListItem.Art(thumb) for fanart views and the performance is noticeably better compared to ListItem.Art(fanart). Also I can easily reuse those views for episodes since ListItem.Art(thumb) is the 16:9 episode thumbnail. So maybe scrapers could add a resized fanart instead of a poster as thumbnail by default? What do you guys think about that?

Short:
ListItem.Art(thumb) -> 16:9 image (fanart, episode thumb, ...)
ListItem.Art(poster) -> 2:3 image (poster)
+1 Imo it would be even better if ListItem.Art(thumb) would be filled with landscape.jpg first, how folder.jpg works now.
Shouldn't this just wait until we can get ListItem.Art(landscape)?

The only reason it's just banners and posters currently is so it could go in Frodo but the plan is to support more in the future.
Still thumb should be something that at least isn't the same image as Art(poster) (XBMC does cache both which is unnecessary imo).

@jmarshall
Will LatestMovie.Art(...) available as well?
Thumb is the same as Art(Poster) for backward compatibility I thought?
Wrong place to ask but it's Image

@jingai
Yes, I think you're right... forgot about that.
(2012-10-24, 21:47)`Black Wrote: Wrong place to ask but it's Image

http://forum.xbmc.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=7
(2012-10-22, 06:06)jmarshall Wrote: Ok, listitem.art(tvshowthumb) is fixed in the above case. I had a look at case-sensitivity, and have confirmed that properties have always been case-sensitive**. Similarly, art will always be case sensitive.

I don't mean to question you but... we have 455 references to ListItem Properties in Metropolis and all of them are mixed-case. We'd have noticed if they didn't work.. are you really certain they're all supposed to be lower case?

Also, is ListItem.Art(fanart) implemented for Addons and Music? It seems to be working fine for Movies and TV Shows, but the fanart backgrounds in Metropolis aren't showing for Addons (specifically, Advanced Launcher is what I'm checking) and all of Music/Music Videos.

And lastly.. ListItem.Property(fanart_image) still works for backward compatibility, correct? It's just an alias for ListItem.Art(fanart) now?
(2012-10-26, 22:27)jingai Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 06:06)jmarshall Wrote: Ok, listitem.art(tvshowthumb) is fixed in the above case. I had a look at case-sensitivity, and have confirmed that properties have always been case-sensitive**. Similarly, art will always be case sensitive.

I don't mean to question you but... we have 455 references to ListItem Properties in Metropolis and all of them are mixed-case. We'd have noticed if they didn't work.. are you really certain they're all supposed to be lower case?

probably you´re referring to custom properties which you have created yourself. then they can be uppercase of course. jonathan is talkin about the container properties.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside)2