Release Bello 9 for Nexus 20.xx (Available NOW through Kodi official repo)
Bello 9 for Nexus 20.xx

Legal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Excerpt: "NonCommercial — you may not rip-off, copy, modify or use this work or any part of it in any way for commercial purposes." Any redistribution of this software (or modifications / derivatives of it) must include the original license files and an unmodified copy of this README file. You cannot remove me, the original author, from the provider-name field in the addon.xml file.

Image Image Image Image Image

IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE
BELLO 9 IS STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL OR HOUSEHOLD USE. THEREFORE YOU MAY NOT RIPP-OFF, COPY, MODIFY OR USE THIS WORK OR ANY PART OF IT IN ANY WAY FOR COMMERCIAL OR BUSINESS PURPOSES. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO ALL KODI BOX SELLERS. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SELL PRODUCTS WITH BELLO 9 PRE-INSTALLED WITHOUT MY PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT!.

PLEASE RESPECT DEVELOPER'S WORK!!!

About
This is the 9th generation of Bello for Kodi Home Theater Software.

Release Notes
  • Added HUB sections for Movies, TV Shows, Music, Addons & Live TV. You can hide/unhide any section in any HUB.
  • AutoPlay Trailers with custom delay for Movies & TV Shows globally (Disabled by default).
  • Added more home widgets options via skinshortcuts add-on and now are fully customizable including sort by, limit number etc.
  • Cleaned/Refreshed the Trailers section.
  • Added option to skin settings to change Bello logo to Kodi logo or user profile picture.
  • Increased font size in all small labels and textboxes for better readability
  • Major rewrite & clean in whole skin code according to the latest skin engine features (There were some parts even from first version of Bello).

Install
Bello 9 is available through Kodi official repo. Please refer to this page for instructions. Do not install the skin from GitHub. I will not provide support for that. Use only the official version from Kodi official repo. Before using Bello 9 i strongly recommend that you read the README file first.

Translations
If you want to help on translating Bello in your native language please sing up to Kodi Weblate select your language as interface language and you will get notified and assign that language as a team.

Credits
First of all, to my donors group for their appreciation to this skin, to all addons developers used in this skin and of course, to Kodi/XBMC Team for creating and developing this beautiful piece of software.

If you enjoy using Bello you can buy me a beer or... a car 😁

PayPal.Me

Enjoy!

Cheers
Nessus
thanks ! but exactly when ? does unicode font support ?
I still waiting for your skin !
Best regards !
I've just send the official PR. Should be available within next week.

Cheers
Nessus
These are great news! Any changelog available?
Hello, two weeks passed and nothing happened ? ...
(2023-06-12, 07:11)loveart Wrote: Hello, two weeks passed and nothing happened ? ...
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-skins/issue...1587535871
(2023-06-02, 22:17)ferent Wrote: These are great news! Any changelog available?
Release Notes
  • Added HUB sections for Movies, TV Shows, Music, Addons & Live TV. You can hide/unhide any section in any HUB.
  • AutoPlay Trailers with custom delay for Movies & TV Shows globally (Disabled by default).
  • Added more home widgets options via skinshortcuts add-on and now are fully customizable including sort by, limit number etc.
  • Cleaned/Refreshed the Trailers section.
  • Added option to skin settings to change Bello logo to Kodi logo or user profile picture.
  • Increased font size in all small labels and textboxes for better readability
  • Major rewrite & clean in whole skin code according to the latest skin engine features (There were some parts even from first version of Bello).
Thumbs Up 
Job well done Nessus!
Have been a longtime user of Bello 8 and was waiting to move to Nexus until your skin was ready.
Installed it last week and taking it for a spin.

So far the only question I have is on the views in movies, compared to version 8.
In movie sets there seem to be a few views missing (like List Wall), or was that on purpose?

Thanks for Bello 9 Wink
Yea... that was in purpose. I have removed some views (if i remember correctly all wall views) from movie sets since were not looking so good if the user had not the necessary arts.
If this is very important i can add some of them back or if you are familiar with the skin code i can guide you to do it yourself.

Cheers
Nessus
Hi Nessus,
I have been a long time user of Bello 8 & have just installed Bello 9 for Kodi 20.2 on an Nvidia Shield.
So far loving the skin & the new additions but have found a few issues:

Changing the Bello logo to either Profile image or kodi logo doesn't save on exiting from settings. I can see it change when I alter setting but it doesn't stay when I back out of settings.

If I set the widget for TV shows to show the new Poster/Fanart, the Background is instantly disabled in settings, i.e greyed out & not accesible. If I go back to the Homescreen & TV shows the background is empty & just shows the background colour with a vignette, not an image as was selected before adding Poster/Fanart to the widget. The widget shows as it should when pressing up but going back just shows empty background again. It does seem to work on Weather for some reason. I have multi background images showing correctly & when pressing up the widget shows Poster/Fanart for hourely forecast OK.

There are no Movie or TV show titles showing in the main library. Where the title used to be in Bello 8 is empty & then below that is the star rating I believe. The titles do show up in my TV Show widget which displays TV Shows in Progress...these are all "Bello" Poster view by ther way.

I also have lots of Titles & descriptions missing on lots of menus i.e. Add Ons have no titles showing neither do Artists, Albums, & Genres for Movies, Music & TV Shows, all set to "Bello". When rolling over each icon, no text appears at all & the only way to know what it is, is to recognise the icon (which is impossible in lots of cases) or enter the item & then there is a bit of text at the top of screem which specifies the name.

Not sure if this is just my device or global.

Thanks for all your great work.

Cheers

taurus35
@taurus35
You are absolutely right about the titles and the logos. I have no idea how the hell this code was pushed to github and next to official repo instead of the proper one that i have on my development machine were all looking good.

Will push ASAP an update with the proper code and will send a PR to the official repo.

About the backgrounds i am not sure that i understand what you mean. To reproduce the issue(?) i need more detailed info along with some screenshots.

Thanks for spotting on these issues.

Cheers
Nessus
Hi Nessus,

No worries, glad I could help.

As for the Backgrounds:

This my current setup & settings that currently display OK, showing settings, TV Home & TV widget:

If I change the Aspect Ratio for widgetsfrom Poster to Fanart/Poster I get the following:

Settings, the options for Background becomes greyed out & inaccessibleas below:

Returning to Home screen the TV Home is as below without a background as below:

The widget screen shows correctly as below:

when returning to Home TV there is no background as previous.

Not sure if the following will help with the issue but the weather screen seems to work ok (or at least better) as below. i.e. the background for Weather home is unaffected by selecting Fanart/Square:

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
taurus35
You have enabled the "Autohide" option in widget settings that's why you don't see any fanart of the widget.

That option was enabled by default in Bello 8 because it was a just personal preference to have my home screen
as clean as possible. Even if a widget is set you just press UP and you get the widget. Plus the small indicator on the
left bellow the home menu shows you the name of the hidden widget.

In Bello 9 the "Autohide" option is disabled by default.

On second thought though, it makes sense that if the "Autohide" option is enabled the custom backgrounds that you have set should be visible.

In any case keep in mind that if one of the fanart/xxxx options is selected in the widget settings then the custom backgrounds are hidden.

In the next update i will add another check to show the custom backgrounds if the "Autohide" option is enabled.

Cheers
Nessus
Hi Nessus,

First of all thanks for the corrected update, it appeared on the Repo yesterday & installed on my box. All titles seem to be there as expected throughout the skin & the logo is now saving when changed. Thanik you.

I look forward to the next update, hopefully you can implement the change without any issues.
It makes sense to me that the Fanart/xxx option behaves the same way as the other aspect ratios such as Poster when Autohide is selcted. I prefer to see a custom background on the main menus & the widget poster & background is only visible after pressing up.
I look forward to the next update & thanks again for your efforts (it's so much easier to naviagte around now that I know what each icon does Rofl) .

Cheers,

taurus35

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bello 9 for Nexus 20.xx (Available NOW through Kodi official repo)0