Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
(2013-06-08, 22:01)Sesshoumaru Wrote: Hi scudlee

In the meantime I managed to create a very mighty regular expression that can handle about 99% of all my anime files (season and episode).
I debugged XBMCs handling and the information is extracted properly. Unfortunatly, now the next issues comes up - season handling.

Season 1 is always handled properly, but Season 2 or 3 not. On AniDB season 1, 2 and 3 have own ID's (because they are own animes). But the episode guide seems only to be downloaded for season 1 only. Of cause this episode guide contains the information which IDs the sequals of this anime has, it just seems not to be taken into account. A good example is "Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai".

Is this known or should it work?

(2013-06-09, 00:16)scudlee Wrote: @Sesshoumaru: This is known and is one of the main differences between the anidb and tvdb scrapers. Each (named) season should be treated as a separate series in its own right.
So you'd have:
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
|---Season 1, Episodes 1-12 + Specials (Season 0)
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next
|---Season 1, Episodes 1-12 + Specials (Season 0)
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Yaminabe wa Bishoujo ga Zannen na Nioi
|---Season 1, Episode 1
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Relay Shousetsu wa Ketsumatsu ga Hanpanai
|---Season 1, Episode 1
(The latter two could also be treated as movies with the movie scraper)

(2013-06-12, 05:02)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: You do realize there are not "seasons" in anime.
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next are actually different shows, it is right there in the name.

However, as long as your regex is configured correctly and in some cases you will need to use .nfo files you can treat your anime like American cartoons.

Hi,

I was Just thinking it might be great to have an option to enable/disable season when anime are sequel/prequel.

I'm agree with ZERO <ibis> and I totaly understand Sesshoumaru Smile

For me some Anime like "Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2" are the season 2 of "Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch"
and not a differents shows.
Plus, it's better for those using watchlist/skin widget (in progress show).

Anyway, I think that would be a great option.
Dont know if it's pain in the ass to code ... but it seems with anime-list-mapping, a lot of the work is already done.

Just a quick word : Thank you scudlee for this Mod.
This is a huge work (2.0 version rocks !). I think we are many anime fans to use it, but you are not reward like you should !
So Thank you again. And a special thx to bambi73 also for its works on the first scapper.

Cheers
Gates

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by gates - 2013-06-30, 17:30
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8