2012 Mac Minis
http://www.apple.com/mac-mini/

Assuming these units will be fantastic for use with XBMC?

Comments on the Intel HD 4000 Graphics?

Mine arrives tomorrow, I'll let you know. (Replacing my 2007 Mac Mini)
Just following this thread - very excited to hear if they'll support DTS-HD Master Audio in OSX...

// Yoc.
They don't cause there is still no API for this at least as i'm informed. Its more a thing of the operating system then.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The GPU seems like a big downgrade over the AMD.
Couple of questions while we're all waiting...

Does Eden currently support Apple's VDA framework for Intel GPUs?
Apple does, as per their docs: http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#...index.html

Because if the answer to the above is yes, then I would expect that the next delta update for ML would add the Intel HD4000 GPU to the list of Apple's supported GPUs that can use the VDA framework.

Does this sound right?

(2012-10-23, 21:03)Korey Wrote: Comments on the Intel HD 4000 Graphics?

I can't comment directly on this. But I just bought a refurbished 2011 i5 min, 4Gb RAM, with the Intel HD 3000 graphics, and so far so good.
I even went so far as to download some of those HD test videos to make sure it could handle everything. One example was a 1080p file part of a nature documentary, that had thousands, perhaps millions of birds flying across a landscape (so super high detail) while panning - and it dealt with that fine.

The only thing I've noticed, and this is possibly XBMC, haven't tested anything else, is that the first second or two of many files with be stuttery, but then never any problems after that. I don't think that it's a processing power issue - possibly something else. Because it didn't do that with those 1080p test files.
we don't talk about killa...
(2012-10-26, 17:37)davilla Wrote: we don't talk about killa...

Huh
The stupid movie with 1 zillion birds and bitrates in the gbit/s range - its the worst test file one can use cause its totally out of spec.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Well,
I just spend a weekend with my new MacMini (i5, 2,5Mhz,, 4GB ram, 500GB HDD), coming from an Apple TV 2 which got its content from a HDD attached to an Airport Extreme (all wireless) and so far I am quite happy.

I had some trouble in the beginning which resulted more from setting up the whole system (I chose to do a new setup rather than a copy of my old OS 10.8.2). Had some WiFi drops which seem to have resulted from an issue with Bluetooth.

Now everything works quite well and except for an issue were the screen flickers ( http://www.spotonfocus.de/mundwerk/strea...immern.gif (sry, dont know the word for that in English ;-) ).

I must say, coming from an Apple TV 2, its a huge upgrade... everything runs so much smoother.

Oh, I am running Eden... never mess with a running system, so I am waiting to upgrade this time around. Very much looking forward to Frodo thou :-)
I just got my base Mac mini today and 1080p files buffer frequently. Haven't used a Mac in 5+ years. My receiver also does not detect DTS streams. Anything I should be looking out for?
Whats your setup like? I have an external HDD connected directly to my MacMini (USB 3.0) and the MacMini connected to my TV via HDMI and no problems with buffering whatsoever. No idea with regards to your sound issues, sry.
I'm streaming over the network from my file server. I haven't had any issues with the same files using my other standalone media players, popcornhour etc. Fixed some of the buffering issues. The Mini was connecting at 10M for some reason, but now I've got it to 100M. I'm still having issues with 1080P DTS files. I also fixed the sound issue, just a setting in XBMC. I also tried from an external USB 3.0 drive and have video playback issues with the same file.
The issue I am running into with my late 2012 i7 mini is that the sound will be fine for a file and I can pause and resume it all I want but when I go to start another file it will just be static for sound but the video will be fine. Running Eden and Mini 6,2 connected HDMI to a Denon receiver which is connected HDMI to a Samsung TV. If I exit XBMC and go to iTunes the sound is fine and it is ok if I return to XBMC without and rebooting/powering off.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2012 Mac Minis0