Nightlies -- VideoLibrary.Scan - Brings in episodes, but doesn't update episode count
I'm doing a VideoLibrary.Scan for a new episode of a TV show, which is going off successfully (if I go into the show's directory, I see the new episode there). However, the library view itself does not acknowledge the existence of the newly-scanned show until a library clean (or a restart of XBMC) is performed, so if I just hang around in library view, I won't know there's a new episode to watch.

Here's the set of steps I'm doing... I'm hoping someone can either point out where I'm going wrong, or say "yep, that looks good, probably s a bug in XBMC"

1. I have a directory (let's assume Doctor Who) that has 5 episodes already scanned and watched.
2. In the library view, I see "Doctor Who 5 episodes". If I go into Doctor Who, I see the 5 episodes listed.
3. I add a 6th episode, and issue a VideoLibrary.Scan (assume via curl). The scan comes back with a result of OK, I see the little dropdown at the top that says Scanning for new content.
4. In my library view, I still see "Doctor Who 5 episodes".. However, if I go into Doctor Who, I see all 6 episodes listed. I expected the library view to also say there were 6 episodes, along with updating the watched flag on the directory.
5. The library's count of episodes/watched status/etc refuses to update itself until either I issue a library clean (either through XBMC itself or via the json api), or I restart XBMC.

I'm on the Ubuntu nightly ppa (just updated a few minutes ago and re-ran my tests to make sure), which means it very well could be broken in XBMC.. I just want to verify that what I'm expecting (that the library's episode count be updated properly when a new episode is scanned in) is what should be happening.

If it matters, I'm using Confluence as my skin
This problem is not JSON-RPC specific, I have noticed it with a normal "Update library" executed in XBMC GUI as well. It looks like we don't properly reload the list of tvshows/seasons/episodes after an update (but we do so after a library cleaning). I didn't have the time to investigate this issue yet though.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok. At least I know it's not a misunderstandng on my part.

I'll do a debug run of xbmc doing the update and report a bug.

** edit **

Bug reported.. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13462

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightlies -- VideoLibrary.Scan - Brings in episodes, but doesn't update episode count0