Win HOW TO CONNECT XBMC WITH XBMC REMOTE VIA WIFI-HOTSPOT USING CONNECTIFY FOR WINDOWS
Smile 
I am wondering how to remotely control XBMC via wifi-hotspot only using wifi-dongle & Connectify (XBMC running on windows 7 remotely control by Android HTC using connectify hotspot)

is there any possibility it could be done without internet connection.**
If the Windows 7 computer is set to connect to Connectify on your phone, then it should work by using auto discovery.
Yes it will work and there is no need for internet or router. The basic idea is to connect a wifi dongle to the pc, install necessary drivers. If your android phone has hotspot feature then you don't even need connectify. Windows 7 will automatically recognize the hotspot and you will need to specify the hotspot password to establish connection. Thereafter you can use xbmc remote control in your android device.

Connectify or other virtual hotspot tools are needed only If your phone has no hotspot feature. In this case you need to create virtual wifi hotspot in your pc. I have tried connectify but it always used to give me BSOD. Some wifi dongle drivers have built-in option for virtual wifi hotspot. For example I am using EDUP dongle and the software has option to create hotspot. In this case you don't need connectify. But the best way to create hotspot is to use a simple batch file.

The code to start virtual wifi hotspot is

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyHotspot key=1234567 keyUsage=persistent
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Here MyHotspot is the name of the hotspot and 1234567 is the password. Change them as per your choice. To stop the hotspot use the code:

Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

This is way better than any third party hotspot tools.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO CONNECT XBMC WITH XBMC REMOTE VIA WIFI-HOTSPOT USING CONNECTIFY FOR WINDOWS 0