Video playback glitch/artefact
[Some info: OS: Windows 8, XMBC Frodo nightly (october 28) ]

My issue was originally posted in the PVR section however it's turning into a non-PVR related issue therefor I am moving here.
The issue is present for .ts file played back in the LiveTV / Recording, but dosen't seem to be a problem in Movies (*.m2ts ).

Original thread at: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=143564

Basically the latest development in my issue are:

I did more testing and it looks like the issue is outside the PVR addon...

Basically I tried what you suggested by increasing the channel switch delay etc. Still the same.

I then tried playing the file with Win8 video player & Windows media player directly from the SMB share. (Outside of XBMC), and similar glitches are present!
I then copied the file locally on the system (it copied at a steady 104Mb/s ( ~800Mbps..) ). The result was improved but similar.

I then tried VLC from both network share, and local disk and NO ISSUE whatsoever.

The nvidia driver for my Geforce GT 640 (brand new) are up to date.

So before I start blaming Windows8, I tried the same test on my Win8 desktop, and with the windows player/win8 player, the video just don't play (unsupported video format). VLC play it just fine again.

Questions: Does XBMC install some codec or something (it might be the cause of my glitch!) Because something on my htpc let play the .ts file in media player. If that's the case I could try to look that path.

I would try to install that codec on my win8 desktop to see if I get similar result. If I don't it's likely gonna be something about my htpc.

Thanks
Turn of DXVA in XBMC and try with software decoding. My bet is that'll work (which is why VLC works).

XBMC does not install anything outside of XBMC itself (i.e. it's completely self-contained and does not interfere with anything else).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks disabling DVXA2 hardware accl. Seem to have fixed the image quality issue.

However now sometimes video play is not smooth. Like if it skipped frames but sound is good.

Stopping the playback and restarting fix it.

Is there anything I can do to have DVXA2 working properly?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback glitch/artefact 0