Need your advise.
I have put the following question in other thread, but did not got any response.

Hi All,

I am new to XBMC, currently trying different versions (Windows, OPENELC, XBMCBuntu) but would like to build a seperate system which I can connect to my TV.

I will be playing mostly local media (mkv and ISO's of Blurays and DVD's) stored on my synology NAS.

I am also planning to buy a 3D TV and would like to play 3D also through XBMC.

I have shortlisted couple of systems, was wondering if you guys think it should be enough for my needs.

BOX is MI-008

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H0B...PDKIKX0DER

Thinking of either buying Intel BOXDH77EB with G2120 and 4GB Memory

or just ASRock AMD E-350 and 4GB Memory.

I already have 180 GB Samsung SSD .

Are any of the above combination good for playing bluray ISO's , 3D bluray ISO's with uncompressed HD Audio? I am not going to play any games on this.
The Intel motherboard won't fit in the MI-008 because the motherboard is micro-ATX but the case is mini-ITX and the G2120 does not support 3D playback. You'll need an i3 and a mini-ITX motherboard.

Thanks for your prompt reply, do you have any suggestion for an i3 and mini-ITX motherboard?
The cheapest and the latest all-in-one chip for 3d might be AMD A6-5400K+ASRock FM2A75M-ITX Socket FM2......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Any itx h77 +i3 3220t Smile
(2012-11-01, 16:34)bluray Wrote: The cheapest and the latest all-in-one chip for 3d might be AMD A6-5400K+ASRock FM2A75M-ITX Socket FM2......

Thanks bluray,

Can I install OpenElec or XBMCBuntu on these and get the HD audio? or do I have to use windows 7? All I will be doing is streaming local media, I am not interested in online streaming.
(2012-11-01, 22:15)waiting485 Wrote:
(2012-11-01, 16:34)bluray Wrote: The cheapest and the latest all-in-one chip for 3d might be AMD A6-5400K+ASRock FM2A75M-ITX Socket FM2......

Thanks bluray,

Can I install OpenElec or XBMCBuntu on these and get the HD audio? or do I have to use windows 7? All I will be doing is streaming local media, I am not interested in online streaming.
I never use anything for bitstreaming HD audio and 3d other than Windows 7.....

If you use bluray's link for buying the mini-ITX motherboard there is a 10% off one time use coupon code "YAYSFG". Superbiiz is a great e-shop.
Thanks for the coupon code, what mini-ITX case you suggest for ASRock FM2A75M?
(2012-11-01, 22:54)waiting485 Wrote: Thanks for the coupon code, what mini-ITX case you suggest for ASRock FM2A75M?

antec isk-300-65
(2012-11-01, 22:54)waiting485 Wrote: Thanks for the coupon code, what mini-ITX case you suggest for ASRock FM2A75M?

That depends on your budget and your needs. Do you need an optical drive? Do you need an expansion slot? Are you ok with getting a low profile aftermarket CPU cooler or do you have to use the stock cooler? Do you have a need for 3.5" HDD(s) or just an SSD?
It's depending on your flavor, a lot of users uses Silverstone ML03B, APEX MI-008 Black Steel Mini-ITX (it might be the cheapest option)....and the case in Dougie signature is good too- Realan E-i5....

You won't go wrong with ml03b Smile
(2012-11-01, 23:36)Dougie Fresh Wrote:

That depends on your budget and your needs. Do you need an optical drive? Do you need an expansion slot? Are you ok with getting a low profile aftermarket CPU cooler or do you have to use the stock cooler? Do you have a need for 3.5" HDD(s) or just an SSD?

I don't need an optical drive, and have no need of an expansion slot also, will only use SSD and I will be ok with any CPU cooler, I won't be using it heavily, probably couple of hrs in a day.
Something like this would for you though you'd need to purchase a low-profile aftermarket cooler, the stock Intel heatsink won't fit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need your advise.0