Auto Start XBMC
Dear supporters,

I have created a task in task scheduler for windows to delay auto-start xbmc after 30 seconds of any user logging in and it works. However, XBMC is not the active window even though it is full screen. This means that my controller for windows wont work until I click on xbmc to make it active. Given that the laptop running xbmc is usually tucked away, this is not a viable option. If i minimize xbmc I can see it flashing yellow in the task bar.

How do I auto start xbmc and then make it the active window?

Thanks,

DK
I had the identical problem, and I fixed it with this:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Syst...ctiv.shtml

It's a free utility that lets you change the active window via the command line. I then wrote a quick batch file that first starts XBMC and then changes the active window, then had that batch file start at Windows login.

It's fairly straightforward, but if you have any issues at all, I'll be happy to help you further.
Or if this is a more or less XBMC dedicated machine use a different OS. Could still dual boot when needed.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
(2012-11-04, 18:22)CAaronL Wrote: I had the identical problem, and I fixed it with this....

Thanks CAaronL! This is perfect, however writing batch files is something I never learned to do! Would you be able to upload it for me?

@thethirdnut I did think about switching OS's but I have everything set up and working (other than this) and no free time, but its definitely something I'm considering doing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto Start XBMC0