Clean Library
I tried to search and see if anyone else has the same "issue" as me:

I have been messing around with my XBMC library quite a bit lately, mostly changing to higher resolution rips. During this transition, the filenames are changing so I am needing to clean my library often to avoid duplication.

Now, the "clean library" feature on my HTPC takes about 1 minute to run. However, if I tab out of the XBMC, it only takes about 5 seconds. Not sure if my clean library is just jacked, if it's some odd videocard issue, I don't know. I am presently running 11.0, and this slow clean has been the same since I got XBMC a few years ago; I was always curious why it took so long.
You cant "tab" out while the clean library is running or else process will terminate.

Alternatively to remove duplicates you have to goto VIDEOS/Files and remove the sources, when asked if you want to remove the contents from the library you say yes.

re-add sources/set content and away you go again.

Or delete the MyVideos.db file

Both ways require you to rescrape.

If you were using pre-frodo you could try adding the following to advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<videolibrary><cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>  <!-- default set to false to prevent xbmc from removing items from the database while updating.  --></videolibrary>

But your on EDEN and that wont work.

uNi
At the apartment complex I manage the Internet for (and, coincidentally, the media server for), I assure you EVERY XBMC implementation I have had to troubleshoot cleans the library at a very similar rate to my current system. As well, I guarantee you can "tab out" and the process continues; I can FRAPS it if you want, but it seems like a gloriously pointless endeavour). I was skeptical as you, as I originally thought the process stopped, since it seemingly skipped all steps. However, after reloading some 1,000 episodes today, my "clean libraries" process took but 5 seconds (while tabbed) and, checking my library, caught every single change.

If you want to see, run a library clean and tab out and back in in a few seconds ... it'll change from like 2% to 61% in the time it took you to tab.

As for the "solution" of deleting the database files: this is hilariously pointless; why would I want to re-scrape ~25,000 TV episodes simply to upgrade ~200 shows (average number I am updating per day) ... losing all my watched statuses along the way. I am just curious if there is some link in the XBMC software that is limiting the library cleaning rate to the screen refresh or something.
Edit the database then, I gave you 3 options even one for frodo, and there aren't many more options here, except editing databases

The limit is disk bottlenecks and network latency depending on the sources.

I'm glad its hilarious, now you can laugh all by yourself. Rofl

Good luck!

uNi
(2012-11-05, 01:01)uNiversal Wrote: [SNIP]
If you were using pre-frodo you could try adding the following to advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<videolibrary><cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>  <!-- default set to false to prevent xbmc from removing items from the database while updating.  --></videolibrary>

But your on EDEN and that wont work.

uNi

Thats not true. It works at least from Dharma. I'm using it since then :-D .
@ZIOLele

I sit corrected, 3 options in how to solve the op's problem and another good read on a new wiki page?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...g%20videos

uNi
Fixed it myself, just made a macro that cleans, tabs out for 3 seconds, then tabs back in.

I didn't need a solution to a problem, as I already solved it, but more of a question as to why my solution IS a solution.
(2012-11-05, 20:08)uNiversal Wrote: @ZIOLele

I sit corrected, 3 options in how to solve the op's problem and another good read on a new wiki page?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...g%20videos

uNi

uNiversal, maybe we are not understanding each other.... i was given the impression that you were stating that the cleanonupdate feature was introduced between eden and frodo, when in reality this feature is there almost from dharma if not earlier. If that's not the case... well as they say: "Ops!" :-D
@ZIOLele

idk when the feature was introduced, I never used it, and thought until you said something that it wouldn't work in anything earlier. So your fine, now I know better Big Grin

@ettore

Good for you, with your general post, the understanding was that you wanted solution or suggestions, clearly I must be missing something, which anyway Im not qualified to answer if your question is not what I understood.

If a developer or someone who knows more than me reads this topic can answer you maybe you still get a reply.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean Library0