• 21(current)
Confluence Modified
(2013-06-24, 20:31)toiva Wrote: Unless you've enabled root and are running XBMC under that account the addons will be under ~/.xbmc/addons which translates to /home/atv/.xbmc/addons. Running as a root might mess up the access rights on the directory.

Post a debug log while starting up the system, it should show where the skin is loaded from.

How can i edit the file without root access? I thought you had to have root access?

(2013-06-24, 20:31)toiva Wrote: Unless you've enabled root and are running XBMC under that account the addons will be under ~/.xbmc/addons which translates to /home/atv/.xbmc/addons. Running as a root might mess up the access rights on the directory.

Post a debug log while starting up the system, it should show where the skin is loaded from.

Wow, so I feel really dumb. I guess I was editing it in the wrong place. You file path was correct. Thank you!

I'm dumb, you're smart. I'm ugly, you're hot, etc.
I've customized some background images for this skin. I did it for personal use and then as an afterthought, I thought I'd share them. They could probably be used for other skins as well. I personally like the "movie theater/cinema feel" when working in XBMC. It goes nice with cinema experience add-on.

download file:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9byeNy3...sp=sharing

Some examples:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-crZz4.../Blank.png

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7Lszc...rams40.png

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Im_F2...0/TV40.png

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-KmOkQ...ideo40.png

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ZIv5P...er2-40.png

Opacity for the embeded picture is set to 30% or 40% I've included both in the .rar file. I found that 30% was good for HDTVs and the 40% was better for SDTVs
Nice !
@toiva: I know you said you won't be adding new features, however the issue raised in this post (with subsequent confirmation from popcornmix) might be worth addressing in a future update of Confluence Modified making your skin even more suitable for low powered devices (assuming any similar improvement in stock Confluence is not forthcoming).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-07-08, 00:42)MilhouseVH Wrote: @toiva: I know you said you won't be adding new features, however the issue raised in this post (with subsequent confirmation from popcornmix) might be worth addressing in a future update of Confluence Modified making your skin even more suitable for low powered devices (assuming any similar improvement in stock Confluence is not forthcoming).

Agreed. This fantastic skin is so well suited to lower powered devices (older iPad, Raspberry Pi, etc) that this might make a lot of sense here.

Thanks for great work, toiva. This puts original Confluence (as cool as it is) to shame.
(2013-06-10, 17:36)thebearnecessit Wrote: Love this skin, just started using it, well done toiva, great work, thanks fro sharing it too. Needed something light for my android box.

3 quick questions if anyone can help me out...

1. Is there a kiosk mode?

2. On my 32" screen I really struggle to read the text in the tv/movie information ie the synopsis.

3. i have a smart playlist on my home screen but is there a way to make xbmc play the playlist instead of showing its contents?

1. No
3. Set the smartplaylist as a favourite and then add that favourite to the main menu, script.favourites addon will ask if you want to open the playlist contents, or start the playback. But there seems to be an issue with the window order, this dialog seems to open in the background at the moment. Will fix.

(2013-07-08, 00:42)MilhouseVH Wrote: @toiva: I know you said you won't be adding new features, however the issue raised in this post (with subsequent confirmation from popcornmix) might be worth addressing in a future update of Confluence Modified making your skin even more suitable for low powered devices (assuming any similar improvement in stock Confluence is not forthcoming).

Will probably change it.

(2013-06-26, 16:11)jazzperm Wrote: How can Iinstall/execute the library editor script?

Download it from phil65's Github account and extract to your addons directory then open an infodialog for a movie, tvshow etc.

https://github.com/phil65/script.libraryeditor
A minor summer vacation update is available in the repo.

Quote:1.0.8

- Set video nodes as main menu and submenu items
- New more lightweight busy dialog (credits to Pecinko for the inspiration and for the background graphic)
- Option to automatically activate fullscreen when music playback starts
- Fix artist slideshow not exiting properly when used as home background
- Added a reminder to configure Artwork Downloader when extra artwork is enabled in the skin settings
- Skin code parenthesis fixes

I have no way of testing the busy dialog, hopefully it's less cpu intensive on weaker machines. It's a bit lighter on a Core 2 Duo with dirty regions algorithm 3.
(2013-07-31, 23:27)toiva Wrote: I have no way of testing the busy dialog, hopefully it's less cpu intensive on weaker machines. It's a bit lighter on a Core 2 Duo with dirty regions algorithm 3.

Many thanks, it seems to be working fine on R-Pi (CPU load about 25% which is where it should be when the animated "spinner" is removed), although it does overlap slightly with icons/addons added as favourites.

BTW, low-frame rate gifs work well with minimal CPU impact - the discussion of this is here.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
+1 - thanks, toiva! The new 'working' spinner (well, lack thereof) definitely reduces delays on tasks it's displayed on. Makes a difference on the Pi.

I'm also wondering if it might be worth using a little bit of motion in the dialog to indicate activity (as per MilhouseVH's suggestion) if doing so has negligible CPU-usage impact...

Glad to see you're still busy with this awesome skin :-)
First I say thanks for your great mod toiva, I like it a lot Love

But I get a problem after the skin update today
My music-video button disappeared from home bar and in settings it's greyed out, so not possible to toggle it
Anything I can check at my end?
Cannot be skin related.

There's something wrong with your library, it will disappear from the main menu and the skin setting will be greyed out if you don't have any music video content in your library.
Thanks for the hint, something happen to the DB, removed the source and added it again now everything is fine
Thanks buddy, you are a lifesaver :-) ! I hope your mod will be also available for 13.0..
Is there a way that I can add MPAA rating show up in Fanart View option in Movie library? If you look at 13th picture from the 1st post (Avengers), it shows 1080, H.264, DTS, 5.1 etc. I would like to add MPAA rating somewhere around there.
Open IncludesCodecFlagging.xml and delete line number 55 and it should show for movies.

I never noticed that the MPAA flagging is not working, so the MPAA flags from Confluence do not quite match the rest of the flags that are from PM3.HD.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Modified4