Linux Youtube and other net-video plugins audio problems
Hi!

I have a serious issue here. I can't properly watch episodes of "Fireman Sam" with my 2 year old son on youtube due to audio problems.

Here are the details:
HW: P5L-MX mobo, digital audio connected from the mobo to Nvidia GT 9600 card, everything connected through HDMI to a plasma TV. The graphics card does not have audio on board, the way G210 does.
SW: ubuntu 12.10, XMBC 11, official youtube plugin from plugins in the xbmc repository.

Sound works OK in every content on the hard drive, 44kHz, 48kHz, DD5.1 with downmix, aac, mp3 you name it. But a half or more pieces of content from youtube make audio stop working. I have tried checking the volume, and on-screen information for codec names - nothing wrong in that area.

It happens that if I play content "A" from youtube, audio works. Then I play content "B" - audio stops working. Then I play content "A" again - no audio. I play something local - audio starts working again. Then playing content "A" usually works.

I have reviewed the logs in case of any suspected behavior - nothing. I have compared line by line content "A" and "B" from the example above and I do not see any difference.

It used to work OK, since I use this HW configuration for a few years now. Is started to behave strange around nvidia summer 2012 drivers update and gets crazy since. But I might be wrong.

What information may I provide that can help diagnosing this issue?

Another crazy thing - the same issue happens in other net-video plugins that I use: ipla and tvnplayer from smuto.

BR
qubix

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube and other net-video plugins audio problems0