WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2013-06-17, 14:24)elupus Wrote:
(2013-06-17, 13:55)da-anda Wrote: I'm just compiling it and will give it a try. The only issue I see is that there is no "use/match videos stereo mode" option anymore as "preferred mode", which users with active 3D displays (shutter) might prefer instead of converting the video back and forth and was the reason I added this option in first place (ofc only makes sense if display can be switched into 3D mode automatically, like on the pi).

Why do they need to match 3d mode of the video? I don't mind adding that to the spinner thou, so ask/preferred/2d/match and make sure we have matched mode in the gui that pops up too.
"match" should not be an option for playback mode but rather the old "preferred stereo mode" setting which was now merged with stereomode. I added it because users demanded it (IIRC) because they didn't want their TAB movie converted to SBS (or vice versa) and then stretched by the TV to fullscreen again and loose even more picture information/quality by that. It doesn't matter much on passive (polarized) TVs where we can simply convert everything to TAB because the display will do that anyways, but for active technologies that can handle FullHD 3D playback this matters.

(2013-06-17, 14:24)elupus Wrote:
(2013-06-17, 13:55)da-anda Wrote: Hmm, users that give a fuck on stereosopics and don't have a stereoscopic setup most likely also won't have any stereoscopic videos (why should they) - so they also don't need any stereo->2D conversion buttons or other stuff that clutters the UI.

The only thing they see is the options in settings and the two new settings inside video OSD. The 3D button is hidden until a 3d movie is detected. If they should happen upon a 3d movie it will show up. There is very little clutter.
the clutter depends on the skin Wink Having a global setting to bind visibility to and also skip stereoscopic related processing to speed things up if not needed is the best I could come up with.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc - by da-anda - 2013-06-17, 15:10
Intel® InTru™ 3D support - by acidizer - 2014-01-26, 12:47
, - by User 102910 - 2014-08-08, 11:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11