WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2013-07-17, 11:01)liquidskin76 Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 15:31)afedchin Wrote: Requirements:
  • Fake full screen setting must be enabled in xbmc. (look in the Settings, System, Video output section and check the Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen setting)

Hi afedchin,

Many thanks for implementing this. A quick test last night proved pretty good! I'll test some more and report back with logs, etc if I find anything.

One thing relating to the requirements... when using the settings combination fake full screen and 24p via match refresh rate you get video stutter. It's an old bug/limitation. Here's pull request relating to it... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/747 . If you disable windows aero, I believe you get tearing on the GUI. Not sure if this is still a problem on Windows 8 with aero being given the boot!?? I'm planning on upgrading my htpc to win 8.1 preview so will let you know.

I expect you'll get bug reports from this, plus it will rule users out from being able to use it. Is fake full screen a definite requirement?

Cheers Wink

Ok, so this doesn't appear to be a problem in Win8/8.1... all ok with fake full screen and 24p match refresh rate.

I just need to 'Win7/fake full screen/match refresh rate' in stereo mode to see if it happens, then we'll know if your switch to fake full screen on stereo mode fix will be good.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc - by liquidskin76 - 2013-07-20, 02:41
Intel® InTru™ 3D support - by acidizer - 2014-01-26, 12:47
, - by User 102910 - 2014-08-08, 11:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11