audio problem
Hi all,

My PC Spec is:-
Windows 7
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.50Ghz
8GB RAM
250GB HDD
ATI Radeon HD 4600
I also have XBMC launching on system startup.

My problem is that when I turn on my PC (waiting for XBMC to load) I will select a file to play & find there is no sound. I go into System>Settings>System>Audio Output & find that the 'Audio Output Device' is set to 'Directsound : SPDIF - Digital Audio (SPDIF)'.
I can click the downwards arrow & it changes to 'WASAPI : SPDIF - Digital Audio (SPDIF)', this audio output still gives me no sound.
Through messing about with the settings (not knowing what I have changed to make this happen) I find that after a while I can get the audio output to change to 'WASAPI : HDMI - AMD HDMI Output', this setting works! The trouble is when I turn off my PC & return to it the next day I find that it has changed back to 'Directsound : SPDIF - Digital Audio (SPDIF)'.

I need help in how to get XBMC to remember the audio settings.

Thanks in advance for any replies Big Grin,

James
We scan for audio devices right near the start of XBMC's launch. If the HDMI device is not yet populated by Windows it will not get added to the found device list, and an active one will be selected. This is because the audio engine is active right from the start (for navsounds etc).

You may just need to delay startup of XBMC until Windows sees and enables the HDMI device.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audio problem0