Current Recommended Nettop?
What is the current most recommended nettop for XBMC? I have two needs to perhaps different systems for each would be best.

First is for my mother's camper. She has just a small tv with an HDMI input. For her I need something with an internal HD, HDMI out that can carry sound as well, and a wireless remote or keyboard. It needs to be able to play 720p content well. 1080p would be nice but not required, it is a camper after all. The internal HD is required so she can easily load movies onto it and not need a network or external drive.

Second is for me. Im looking for the most recommended model of nettop that guarantees me the best XBMC experience. basically, what are you guys and gals buying? I was looking at this model in August but a lot can change in 3 months. http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/comp....SJ4P2.001

Thanks,

David
Well I couldn't wait any longer, I am ordering the RL70 but there is a new model that is 60 bucks cheaper on amazon and all the same specs.
Here are the specs...
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/mode....SMGAA.001
Yeah I would go with the cheaper. Just make sure it has a gpu that can handle HD content.

(2012-12-12, 20:29)PobjoySpecial Wrote: I'd get a Raspberry Pi taped to an external HDD for your mom.

The Foxconn nt-a3500 is virtually the same as your RL70 for ~$200 cheaper.

The Foxconn doesn't come with memory, hard drive or operating system. You can get the revo on amazon for under $300, so really it is pretty comparablel when you consider $10-$15 for 2GB of memory, $50 for a 500GB 2.5" hard drive and $80 for Windows.
The raspberry pi intrigues me but i wasn't sure it could handle hd content or was easy to set up. Its new to me and I figured I'd go with what I know I can get working.
I have an older Acer Revo 3610 It works great with XBMC.
I am still rocking my AcerRevo 1600 and it still working for the most part like a champ. Id love to still stick to the $200 price point it was.
Are the Zotacs ok? Many nettops seem discontinued or have escalated in base prices.
I tried the original raspPi and it just struggled too much for me and all the cabling was a mess.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Current Recommended Nettop?0