Win Dual monitor setup problem
Hi folks!

So I just figured out that I can have my laptop hooked up to my TV via HDMI and extend the display mode so I can for instance, chat on the "computer side" whilst watching a movie/listening to music on the tv. I set the display mode(in system settings) to "Full Screen #2". Now I have a fully functional XBMC window on my TV and "Windows UI" on the built-in screen, which also functions as desired.

Now the problem is small, but I bet you guys could make my life a lot easier Big Grin
So everytime I disconnect the HDMI from the laptop(I use the same cable to play PS3... sigh) and connect it again, I get the extended view to the TV as usual, but when I launch XBMC, it opens up in the laptop screen. I go to settings, and apply the "Display #2" setting and now I'm happy again.

Is there any way to have the setting always on Display #2 or is this some kind of system restriction and therefore impossible to act that way? I always hook the HDMI to laptop before launching XBMC...

I tried UltraMon and used some guide found on this forum, but it didn't seem to help...

Thanks guys, all info is highly appreciated!
From what I understand, XBMC should always go to display 2 if you saved it that way and you have hooked up HDMI and have the display on before launching XBMC.

You can also have it force the GUI setting by making an advancedsetting.xml (wiki) file:

Make a plain text file with the following content and save it as advancedsettings.xml to your userdata (wiki) folder

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videoscreen>
        <screen>1</screen>
    </videoscreen>
</advancedsettings>

IIRC:

0 = first screen
1 = second screen
etc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual monitor setup problem0