Linux CAESinkALSA error
Hi there,

I've a working XBMC build. 99% of the time the sound is perfect, but occasionally there's a strange lag/repetition in menu selections. CAESinALSA is logging many errors, they're literally flood about 100 lines at a time; all within the same second, and the same happens again a few seconds later.

Below is an example:-

Code:
ERROR: CAESinkALSA::HandleError(snd_pcm_writei(2)) - snd_pcm_writei returned -11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)

I also get a couple of these in the same second too:-

Code:
ERROR: CAESinkALSA::HandleError(snd_pcm_writei(1)) - underrun

As far as I know the only audio changes I have made have been in /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf , as described here.

There are no ALSA processes or open files (ps and lsof) that I can see, and I really have no idea how to approach this problem. Any assistance would be really appreciated.

Regards,
n1md4
Additionally I have found this description:

"The underrun can happen when an application does not feed new samples in time to alsa-lib (due CPU usage)."

Reference: http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/pcm.html
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
I've just noticed. This error only seems to occur when I set Audio output: Audio output device: to:-

Default (HDA NVidia HDMI 0)

It does not log when set to:-

HDA NVidia, SNY Sony TV on HDMI #3

But console emulation sound only appears to work when the former is set.
Display Sony Bravia 32"
Have you figured this out? I'm getting the same error.
No, I did not work this out; technically any way. I only neededDefault (HDA NVidia HDMI 0) when playing ROMs, but, my hardware changed which I put HDMI audio through, and since then I've not reconfigured it. I'm certainly no expert on the subject. I would look in to this again, but I'm waiting for RetroPlayer, which may handle audio differently any way.
Display Sony Bravia 32"
Okay. Thanks for the reply. I gave up for now. I'll try again this weekend. For me the errors start after 5 minutes of running XBMC. It works fine until that point. I can't notice any problem in the system, but it's writing HUGE logs, with these lines coming many times a second.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CAESinkALSA error0