New Samsung TV - Failed to initialize audio device
Hi there, I have XBMC 11.0 Eden installed. My setup worked great video and audio going through my amplifier. If a movie with Dolby came on or dts the amplifier would turn on the blue light etc and display that audio was working. My box is a reg computer hooked up to my HDMI on the TV.

I had a 42” LG prior and all was great. I just bought a new Samsung smart TV 55” LED, redid hdmi plug and everything else in the setup stayed the same. I went into XBMC switched the audio out to the new Samsung HDMI setting.

Now any movie that has the HD audio I get no sound and an error in the bottom right of the screen that’s says “Failed to initialize audio device Check your audio settings” If I switch to analog it plays fine but no HD sound, or Dolby. I upgraded to the RC1 12.0 and same thing. I recently put v11.0 back on and still can’t figure it out. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

I have included the error logs..

http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=yqjaYj5R
Anyone else experience this error yet? Sorry for pushing the topic, Im dying to get this working perfectly before family comes for the holidays
Not sure if you are still running through your amplifier or not, but this post fixed this problem for me:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145415
See post #4
(2012-12-18, 23:34)Cash Wrote: I went into XBMC switched the audio out to the new Samsung HDMI setting.
If you connected your HTPC directly to your new Samsung HDTV via HDMI, you have to un-tick all capable receiver options as shown in my screen shot below-

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Ok guy’s thanks. I found u was setting it all up wrong to begin with. I guess my older LG passed the Dolby to my receiver then to speakers but the new Samsung wouldn’t do that. That was the overall issue that I was trying to fix. Not sure if I posted that earlier or not. So anyways its all good and optical audio from pc is going to receiver now and video to the hdmi in on set. Thanks to all for the help Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Samsung TV - Failed to initialize audio device0