no HDMI video output [partially solved]
Hi all,

I'm a newbee, so please bear with me if this question is all stupid. I installed a brand new PC with ubuntuxbmc and was able to make it run with my PC monitor. However, the PC is intended to be my home theater system in the living room where I don't want a PC screen etc. So far I was under the impression it would be suficient to just hook my panasonic beamer to the HDMI out of my PC and be done. During boot up, that said during the BIOS phase, the video comes on just fine on the beamer. However as soon as it switches into graphics mode it's all gone.

Is my hardware not supported? Do I need any drivers or what's the cause of this?

The system consist of a ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP board, an intel core i5 CPU, 16GB of ram a 120GB SSD Samsung HD, a 3000GB Western digital drive and a BlueRay drive. Again, the core system when hooked up to a regular PC screen works all fine, but it does not output to HDMI

Any ideas what might be wrong?

TIA

Markus

[Edit]
I bought a new graphics card (Radeon 6450 based) and re-installed xbmcbuntu with it. Had HDMI output all the way through. I consider this a partial solution as buying a new card is a bit a harsh aproach but anyways. The next problem is now that the complete system freezes once I try to access a blueray drive as a video source but I'm going to open a new thread on this one.
[/Edit]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no HDMI video output [partially solved]0