TV-Guide (the XMLTV TVguide from XBMP)
i have been looking as there as a tv guide for xbmp, but all i can find are the eurpoean and aussie ones, and the linux one but i don't have a linux box.

any solutions for xbmc and us tv?
haven't heard about an us one...
(devedander @ april 30 2004,07:28 Wrote:i have been looking as there as a tv guide for xbmp, but all i can find are the eurpoean and aussie ones, and the linux one but i don't have a linux box.

definitely the best option for a universal tv guide is an xmltv viewer. unfortunately no-one has coded a proper fully-working one yet.
through my attempts at it i've found that it is possible, and i could get the results and display them in a tvguide format similar to the recent uk tvguide, but it was painstakingly slow. if someone could do a better job then you would simply have to find a xmltv-compliant file to use. i used a bit of code from the python-xmltv module if anyone's interested
well.. the tv guide script using the linux server can possible be run on a windows pc also, with a little tweaking i guess.. don't know if that helps..
dooze has been working on adding the tv guide to the xbmc mythtv project. he's got it displaying and paging wonderfully right now. there is still a little bit of cleanup left before it will be available. if you are running mythtv and it is downloading the schedule regularly, you can browse the schedule through xbmc.
i miss one thing on xbmc and that’s the tv guide  Sad

is there any plans for it? it could maybe take the info from internet direct without updating any files manually like samurize for pc.

the tivo thing i don’t think we in sweden can use?!
(devedander @ april 30 2004,07:28 Wrote:i have been looking as there as a tv guide for xbmp, but all i can find are the eurpoean and aussie ones, and the linux one but i don't have a linux box.  

devander where did you find the aussie one? i have been looking everywhere
is there a stand alone tv guide implemented into xbmc as yet. i am very new and i have searched but come up with only xbmc frontends for myth tv. i only want free to air listings for perth australia to show up within xbmc

cheers
Exclamation 
in xbmp there was an option for a tv guide although i belive it was quite unfinished (?)... in xbmc the option is gone.

is the tv guide functionality planned for a future version of xbmc ?

this would be a killer feature imo Smile
well obiuosly i have an idea for a new feature otherwise i wouldn't be in this forum but anyways i think that it would be a cool idea to put some sort of tv guide thing like you could put in your local area code and it shows you you tv listings for the day ..or the next few hours or somthing kind of like the weather feature ( which i think is awesome ) yea so i dono't know mabe it's a stupid idea or it can't be done ..( i shouldn't say that) it would be to hard to do but yea give me some feedback on what you think..thanks
Sad 
(chronicboy @ jan. 25 2005,07:44 Wrote:well obiuosly i have an idea...
well obviously you didn't search before posting, merging your post into the exsiting suggestion thread for tv-guide
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
it doesn't look like anybody is working on this right now, but something else to consider if anybody decides to do it would be zap2it like mythtv uses. i don't know, just an idea. the tv guide in mythtv is pretty nice and the xbmc devs have continued to amaze me with their innovation, creativity, and talents.
gbpvr uses xmltv on the pc and uses a built in webserver to show it and to allow for recording (http://www.gbpvr.com).
as it generates plain html pages i assume a python script similar to mythtv but then for windows pc's (like me don't like the linux stuff) should be possible.

see also: http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=9977

m.
I would like to start a discussion on integrating a mythtv into the xbmc build.

I have searched on this topic and there are a few sparsely fragmented mentions of a feature of this ilk but no specific posts.

When I say integrating a tv guide I mean some thing that displays the forthcoming programs in an easy to read grid.

Here is an example of the existing mythtv one that I themed last year-

Ideally this would be available without exiting live tv, and would be used to select a programme to watch.

One thing i'm not keen on in mythtv is that you have to start live tv before you can get to the guide, or use a guide which is only used for scheduling.
For a good alternative to this media portal is very well thought out.

Anyone have any ideas, or thoughts on if this is possible with the myth:// protocol that elupus has integrated?

Many thanks,

Dubstar_04
TV-Guide is non-backend specific (XMLTV is a standard that works with more than just MythTV) so merging your request into the existing topic-thread with the suggestion for TV-Guide in XBMC. What you want is one unified TV-Guide front-end that can work with many different PVR/DVR/HTPC back-ends.

Please read though this thread that you post was merged into.

Also checkout this other suggest: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=28918
and the GSoC project for that this summer: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=GSoC_-_Unified_PVR_Frontend
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV-Guide (the XMLTV TVguide from XBMP)0