Linux xbmcbuntu Frodo RC3
Sad 
Hello and happy new year

I use xbmcbuntu eden for month with any problem.

I try to install xbmcbuntu 12 rc3, it doesn't work.

try or install is the same : when loading the gui, 3 times the loading screen and back to the login page.

If someone can help it will be great.

PS: sorry for the english

My HTPC :
HTPC HFX mini
motherboard = Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
GPU : ATI Radeon HD 4200
AMD Athlon II X2 250 - 2x 3.0Ghz - cache L2: 2Mo
Which ISO did you take?
I take the AMD
ATI/AMD have abandoned your graphics card to the legacy driver, so you probably need to install the fglrx-legacy drivers.

http://www.my-guides.net/en/linux/how-to...buntu-1210
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm having this same issue with XBMCbuntu RC2 and RC3. I'm installing XBMCbutu inside a virtual box on a windows machine.

However, if I install Mythbuntu on the virtual box, and then install XBMC from the Mythbuntu command line it works flawlessly. Being a windows guy I prefer the GUI of XBMCbuntu to Mythbuntu...

My system:

Intel I7 920
ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58
Geforce GTX 460
Here is the crash log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=26144

I updated my NVIDIA drivers then tried to restart XBMC. Now the bubbles background hangs for 5 seconds or so before crashing...New crash log in case it helps.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=26157
Jonno, what output is given on the commandline in XBMCbuntu if you start xbmc from there?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
virtualbox is not supported out of the box, you need to install guest additions and it also depends on how you configure th vbox host.

generally you won't get hardware accelerated video decoding in any virtual machine.
(2013-01-05, 21:49)nickr Wrote: Jonno, what output is given on the commandline in XBMCbuntu if you start xbmc from there?

Running DIL (3.22.0) Version
DtsDeviceOpen: Opening HW in mode 0
DtsDeviceOpen: Create File Failed
LLVM ERROR: Program used external function '' which could not be resolved!
pure virtual method called
terminate called without an active exception
Aborted (core dumped)
Crash report available at /home/jonathan/xbmc_crashlog-20130105_211519.log

Quote:virtualbox is not supported out of the box, you need to install guest additions and it also depends on how you configure th vbox host.

generally you won't get hardware accelerated video decoding in any virtual machine.

That's cool. This isn't my permanent config. I was just trying to tinker in virtual box to get the WAF up before I transferred us from WMC to XBMC on our HTPCs. I was just curious why XBMC was working in a virtual box running Mythbuntu but not in XBMCbuntu. I saw that I had the same symptoms as broutzy so I posted here... You guys probably have bigger fish to fry, this isn't a big deal to me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu Frodo RC30