Win HOW-TO setup Boblight for Windows and Boblight XBMC
Hi guys,

Firstly, thank you all so much for the tutorial.
However, need some help with the tweaking of the settings.

I've got my config all set up and the Kodi plugin is successfully connecting to Boblight, and the LEDs activate while watching a movie.
HOWEVER...

I can't seem to get rid of this annoying artifact where (especially in dark scenes) zones will appear to flicker random colors that don't even remotely match what's being shown on the video border.
In bright, fast moving scenes, this doesn't occur, so it can't be a hardware problem. I've also confirmed that the positioning of my LEDs match the config setup exactly.

I've tried running the config creator again and entering higher values for 'vertical width' and 'horizontal width' (I'm running a 100 LED setup on a 65" TV), and tried raising the 'threshold' value in the Kodi plugin settings, but to no avail ('speed' value also has no bearing).

Current config creator settings:
Vertical Depth: 20
Horizonal Depth: 20
Vertical Width: 13
Horizontal Width: 10
Border top/bottom: 0
Border left/right: 0

Current Kodi plugin settings:

Speed: 50
Autospeed: 0
Interpolation: off
Saturation: 1.20
Value: 0.20
Threshold: 20

I think part of my problem is that I have no idea what 'vertical width' and 'horizontal width' means. Does this refer to the x and y dimensions of each zone for the sides and top/bottom respectively? I'm also assuming that 'vertical depth' and 'horizontal depth' refers to how far away from the edge of the video that the sides and top/bottom sample from respectively. Is this correct? If so, this is extremely confusing, since this would be covered under x and y widths, right? I'm so confused.
What am I doing wrong??

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO setup Boblight for Windows and Boblight XBMC - by djcorvus - 2018-01-26, 16:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO setup Boblight for Windows and Boblight XBMC6