mini pc with 2x HDMI outs
I´m trying to keep using my HDMI 1.3 receiver, and to do so and get HD sound codecs to work I need a PC that can send them out through 1 HDMI and video out through another. I can't find an ASROCK machine that does it ... any one know of some that do?
I'm sorry, but what you're asking for doesn't make any sense...please explain why you'd need to send aud + vid on two different HDMI paths?

There's some missing information here. Your current AVR / receiver doesn't support HD codecs?

If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
It makes no sense to me either - perhaps he thinks you need an HDMI audio link to the receiver and a video link to the TV.

@keisarinn the usual way is

[XBMC]-hdmi->[Receiver]-hdmi->TV

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I saw on the CES coverage by Engadget a preproduction system from Gigabyte that seems to fit.
Availability is expected in April and no pricing was disclosed. Here's the link anyway: http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/09/gigab...i7-due-in/
There's an Intel NUC with two HDMI outputs.
Maybe he wants to send audio to the current receiver and 3d video direct to tv?
(2013-01-11, 13:10)PatrickVogeli Wrote: Maybe he wants to send audio to the current receiver and 3d video direct to tv?

That's exactly what I want. My reciever can't pass through 3D video to my projector. I need one HDMI to have the video to send it to my projector and another for audio to my receiver with the HD codecs(otherwise I'd just use SPDIF).
So you are playing mvc movies? How are you doing that?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hey - here's a thought - my laptop has an HDMI port and a DisplayPort. It seems ot be seen as two HDMI audio devices in aplay -l and in the XBMC audio setup.

Perhaps it would be easier to get a machine with hdmi plus displayport and a converter to get displayport-->hdmi on your receiver?

I am not even sure the hdmi and displayport can be used at the same time, and have no way of telling. Seeing it treated as two hdmi audio outputs by alsa made me think it might be useful to you.
Is the NUC powerful enough to run 1080p with HD codecs in XBMC without any problems?
Highly dependent on the Intel HD 4000 GPU and drivers. I hadn't heard of those NUC machines before, a bit of googling leaves me quite impressed.
Just buy a HDMI splitter.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SPLIT...313&sr=1-6
(2013-01-12, 22:11)keisarinn Wrote: Is the NUC powerful enough to run 1080p with HD codecs in XBMC without any problems?

very much, yes.
(2013-01-12, 22:42)T800 Wrote: Just buy a HDMI splitter.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SPLIT...313&sr=1-6
Doesn't work. My receiver is HDMI1.3.. means it can't accept FULLHD 3D, it can't extract the audio if there is full hd 3D video with it. It has to be one HDMI sending out 2D video + HD audio + second HDMI sending out 3D video and stero sound. Like some bluray players do.

Will the 2x HDMI outs put 2x load on the CPU, making judder etc. likely or is it the same as having 1x HDMI out?
Well I don't think you will manage to get a single instance of XBMC to put out two different video streams over two HDMI ports at the same time, not in any synchronised fashion anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mini pc with 2x HDMI outs0