Questions on Upgrading to Frodo-FINAL when released....
System: XBMCBuntu - Eden

Intel Core i3
GT430 on OpenGL version: 4.1.0 NVIDIA 280.13
Linux 3.0.0-17-generic-pae

My plan of action based on what I read is to:

1) upgrade Nvidia Drivers to 304.43
2) Install Frodo on top of Eden

Is this an ok Upgrade Path? And will this allow HD Audio (DTS-MA + DD TrueHD) to work properly with AudioEngine?

From what I read this seems like what I need to do... Anything missing?
Nah looks good. Remember to backup your xbmc data folder just icase something goes wrong, but it should be fine. You probably will have to redo your xorg.conf as the way nvidia handles refresh rates has changed in the newer drivers. Personally I would take this opportunity to upgrade the os to 12.04 as that is a long term support release with 5years (4and a bit now) of updates.
Disclaimer. I know nothing about Linux. Question.-- with the 12.04 LTS release would new kernels be upgraded as they become available? Say, 3.5 gets upgraded to 3.7 and above.?
12.04 is on 3.2
12.10 is on 3.5
13.04 will probably be on 3.8

Which should I go to during the Frodo upgrade?
Having been a long time Ubuntu linux user of XBMC both Live and XBMCbuntu and 12.04 desktop, my advice is to upgrade on the same kernel and get everything settled down before making significant system changes. The advice to move to 12.04 is sound. We recently upgrade all clients from 11.x to 12.04 with no problems all devices using Eden.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
I would advice you to try the newest Nvidia drivers first and only fall back to older versions if the newer ones don't work for some reason. I'm using the 310.xx myself and it's working perfectly.
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...px=MTI3MjY

Kernel updates do come to lts releases, although later then ubuntu releases, probably because they're after stability. From memory the 3.5 kernel is already in 12.04 repositories but it needs to be manually installed (I may be wrong g tho, I have the xswat ppa installed aswell). Kromix, I'd stick with 12.04 and update kernels/gpu drivers/xbmc if wanted/needed as they are easily undone, especially if it's just used for a htpc where the latest version of gnome/unity/whatever isn't needed - xbmc not working = whinging girlfriend hehe.

Oh I just saw your using xbmcbuntu - I'm not sure if you can do release upgrades with it as I don't use it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions on Upgrading to Frodo-FINAL when released....0