Linux [AE] Bitstream Audio under HD4000 Intel Core i3
Please post on the Alsa mailing list, get them your output, tell them what you tried (the sample and how you started it) and ask what you probably miss.

retry with 0x06 before also.

Perhaps Anssi will answer you. He is als an xbmc dev and perhaps has some other ideas.

supply there:
aplay -L
ELD output
the aplay stuff you did
uname -a
dpkg -l | grep alsa

and so on.

and any changes you tried with alsa
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Will do. Thanks for trying.
I need TP for my bunghole
And link your thread here, would be nice to see the intel ELD/Edid stuff getting more failsafe.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I just spent the morning installing windows on a spare HDD. I got DTS-HD playback using TotalMedia Theatre (the red logos lit up and everything). That means that it is a problem on the linux side, not the receiver! Tongue Guess I'll be posting to the alsa list next?
Yes, see above.
Alsa-list thread: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/37604

Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it...
Yeah no reply yet. Not sure, if no one reads it or if we did something wrong? You can also visit them in their IRC channel.

Edit: What suddenly came to my eyes. Can you retry with a 6 channel DTS-HD track? and force it by: aplay -D hdmi:CARD=0,DEV=0,AES0=0x06 -c6 -fs16_le -r192000 Sorry, the channels were correct AES0 must be 0x06
Edit: Try to upgrade your alsa to 1.0.27 via https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/...sa-testing

by doing:
Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/alsa-testing
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Also do further tests with >= 3.9 kernel - as I have written in a howto somewhere.

Upgrade of Alsa is not that easy as I thought, it involves a bit of repackaging the above repo. So best is to do further tests with OE.

Edit: What about TrueHD? Any chance here?
I tried all manner of values for AES0 including 0x06. I've been sat in the alsa irc channel for a few hours, no response. Will try updating ALSA... Thanks.
What about TrueHD does this work? Nope, upgrade is not needed, just make sure to have kernel 3.9++ running.
I don't think I've tested TRUEHD. Kernel is 3.9.7-030907.
Try with TrueHD, please.
The behaviour is exactly the same with the TRUEHD sample.
Can you come online into IRC please? #xbmc-xvba?
As per requested ELD with kernel 3.10.0-031000-generic:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/5853049/

-c 6 gives static, -c 8 is silent. Smile Thanks for trying Fritsch.
I can confirm that this has now been solved. There is a patch coming in 3.12 (3.12-rc1). XBMC developer Anssih has sent the patch upstream: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=xdnChheb

Thanks to Anssih and Fritsch for getting this sorted! Excellent work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AE] Bitstream Audio under HD4000 Intel Core i30