Linux Remap MCE Remote buttons
Can someone point me in the direction of a simple way to remap my remote buttons? I remember on windows it was simple registry edit to change for instance, the green mce button to send a command like ctr+F. It was a simple code 0000ba3d or something similar where each number represented a letter or number and a modifier. Is there anything like that for liunx? Everything works pretty much perfectly but the back button on my remote sends a "return" signal. I would instead like it to send a "Backspace" command. Looking at the lirc.conf file it shows that next to each command about a 12 digit hex code. I am wondering if I can modify that code or put that code somewhere else. There is also no keyboard.xml file present. I am running Ubuntu 12.10 with Frodo RC3. I have Lirc installed. I have looked at many of the guides online and they seem either dated for XBMC 9 or an older version of Linux and all seem very complicated. I am looking for a simple solution. Thank you.
ASUS F2A85-M PRO FM2 -- AMD A10-6800K -- 8gig DDR3 1600 -- Nvidia GTX 650 -- Samsung SSD 120gig -- GRANDIA GD05B Case -- Onkyo RC-HT260 -- Paradigm Atom Monitor S7 x4, Center 1, Surrounds 1 -- Panasonic 60ST60
After much playing around with keyboard.xml and lirc.xml I was able to get most of the buttons to work properly. For some reason adding the settings in Global did not change them everywhere and had to add them in their respective areas. Only issue I am having is when trying to go from a minimized window to fullscreen. In lirc.xml I have <backslash>KEY_HOME</backslash> and under global remote settings I have <backslash>ToggleFullScreen</backslash>.

Any thoughts?
ASUS F2A85-M PRO FM2 -- AMD A10-6800K -- 8gig DDR3 1600 -- Nvidia GTX 650 -- Samsung SSD 120gig -- GRANDIA GD05B Case -- Onkyo RC-HT260 -- Paradigm Atom Monitor S7 x4, Center 1, Surrounds 1 -- Panasonic 60ST60
(2013-01-20, 13:06)djdcm0722 Wrote: After much playing around with keyboard.xml and lirc.xml I was able to get most of the buttons to work properly. For some reason adding the settings in Global did not change them everywhere and had to add them in their respective areas. Only issue I am having is when trying to go from a minimized window to fullscreen. In lirc.xml I have <backslash>KEY_HOME</backslash> and under global remote settings I have <backslash>ToggleFullScreen</backslash>.

Any thoughts?

Why are you fooling with keyboard.xml if you are controlling it with a remote (remote.xml)?

It would seem to me you are doing this the long workaround hard way.

<back>ParentDir</back>
<back>PreviousMenu</back>
From wiki -

Keyboard.xml is a XML base keymap file that define the mappings of keys (keyboard keys, mouse/remote/joysticks buttons and more) to XBMC actions...

From a few of the guides I was reading, you find the key modifier and input it in lirc.xml to the command you want ie. <enter>KEY_OK</enter> and input that command into keyboard.xml ie <enter>*XBMC Command*</enter>
(2013-01-23, 10:21)djdcm0722 Wrote: From wiki -

Keyboard.xml is a XML base keymap file that define the mappings of keys (keyboard keys, mouse/remote/joysticks buttons and more) to XBMC actions...

From a few of the guides I was reading, you find the key modifier and input it in lirc.xml to the command you want ie. <enter>KEY_OK</enter> and input that command into keyboard.xml ie <enter>*XBMC Command*</enter>

OK....feel free to do it that way I suppose. IMO its the hard long workaround way.

IMO the correct way would be to use remote.xml
I have a bunch of different remotes and never once have I used keyboard.xml to get them to do what I want.

Run irw find out the name of the button. Check licrmap.xml to make sure the button is mapped correctly. Make remote.xml match that button name for the function you want.

You seem to have jumped into the deep end and are only wanting to get half wet.
If you installed any of this stuff manually you have to generate all this yourself. (might be your problem)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remap MCE Remote buttons0