Win xbmc is flashing
Hi this is my first thread here on the forum....i have a big problem:
when i try to use xbmc, and push the different buttons/keys its only flashing, i can't come anywhere , i have also tried to delete xbmc and re installed it, but the same happends again, i get a strange sound and when i push the keys on xbmc, the keys only flashes and i can't go into different sections.....
i have a Asrock Vision x with Windows 7 Ultimate 64, with AMD inside...
Can someone help me here?
Thanks
ArubaroyRolleyes
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Are you able to see the XBMC main menu? When you say "push the different buttons/keys", are you referring to the menu options, such as "Weather", "Videos", "Music", "Programs", and "System"? How do you "push" the buttons? Do navigate with the keyboard arrow keys and select an option by clicking ENTER? Use a mouse to point-and-click menu options? Use a physical remote control? Use a remote control application (Android, iOS)?

Which versison of XBMC are you running? From what URL did you download the installation file?
Hi Artrafael, yes, thats what i mean, when i push those buttons it only flashes, i'm not able to get into the menus i'm using XBMC Frodo 3, downloaded from xbmc.org.
but i also tried Eden, with the same result.....
Arubaroy
What input device are you using to "push those buttons"?

Which version of Frodo RC3 did you download (exact name of file)?
I used the keyboard from logitech (Wireless, with a built in mouse, K400) and a remote downloaded for my Android tab(Samsung Note 10,1) and a regular keyboard with a separate mouse, its all with the same result....
i press Enter,
and here is the file i downloaded: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/x...do_rc3.exe
Hmm gues what, i tried to instal it on my "working" computer right now and everythin went good...then i did it again on my Asrock and it works there aswell, could it be something to do with my Norton internet security? i configured it so it passes through everything from xbmc....and then every button reacted....
Thanks for your reply Moderator....
That is indeed strange. My initial thought was maybe you have a faulty key on your keyboard, but since tried multiple input devices, that rules out that theory. I can see where Norton may prevent you from accessing certain network resources used by XBMC or your installed add-ons, but I can't imagine that Norton would somehow disable all menu options from working? Anyway, what's important is that you now have it working... hopefully, it'll stay that way!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc is flashing0