Linux No HDMI audio output in Eden or Frodo
Hi, I've tried XBMCbuntu Eden and Frodo RC3
And neither version is outputting audio through the HDMI connection.

Asus AT5IONT-I Intel Atom DDR3 Mini ITX Motherboard
full specs here
CPU: Intel Atom D252
Chipset: Intel® NM10
GPU: "Integrated Next Generation NVIDIA ION graphics processor" (no part number provided)

I have tried every combination of output setting related to HDMI in the audio config page with no luck.

Please help me solve this. I'm open to editing files and/or adding/configuring packages to get this to work properly.

All suggestions, insights and ideas greatly appreciated.

SD
Welcome to Forums

With XBMCBuntu RC3 make sure spdif 1 is unmuted in alsamixer http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...nd_in_XBMC

And because lightdm is buggy as hell best apply this too http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...io_devices

Both on the wiki which you should have consulted before posting about the 1.000.0001 thread on the same subject!

Also please make sure if your connected to TV disable all HD audio formats and DTS and AC3.

both Output/passthrough device is NVIDIA HDA HDMI and speaker config should be 2.0 via TV.

uNi
Thanks for the quick informative reply uNiversal.

Sorry for inconveniencing you with boring question.

I have a few more small issues, but will research them better before mucking up the forums with duplicates Wink
If I can fix this audio thing I'll be 100% happy.
thanks again for your help.
Feel free to reply with your findings on the audio bit, and consult my signature for proper Nvidia setup on the video part (last link)

uNi.
uNiversal, I have the same problem and tried the .inf workaround, however when I try to write to the lightdm.inf file I get an error: permission denied. Pardon my ignorance but I'm used to windows.

Why don't I have permission to write to the file?

Edit: Nevermind, needed to use sudo. Many thanks, the workaround worked.
I edited the wiki to add sudo, next time you can edit the wiki yourself - that's why it is editable Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No HDMI audio output in Eden or Frodo0