Movie section uncomplete
Hi guys,

XBMC scan my files and recognize them with no problem but all the movie won't appear in the "movie" section... However all my files are in the same folder and set as movie... Any idea?

Thanks
Perhaps you have the "unwatched" filter on? Check the slide-out menu and make sure "hide watched" isn't ticked.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2013-01-25, 14:39)thrak76 Wrote: Perhaps you have the "unwatched" filter on? Check the slide-out menu and make sure "hide watched" isn't ticked.

thanks for your reply. I have no filter activated.. I tried to delete everything and re-scan, I even check movie by movie if they were recognized but still the same problem.. 30% of the movies are not in the movie section
Have a good read here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...he_library, making sure your movies are named correctly, something like this

Movies\A Bridge Too Far (1977)\Movie.ext

The best advice though is to check with the scraper source for the name and ensure it matches exactly.
(2013-01-25, 18:42)steelman1991 Wrote: Have a good read here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...he_library, making sure your movies are named correctly, something like this

Movies\A Bridge Too Far (1977)\Movie.ext

The best advice though is to check with the scraper source for the name and ensure it matches exactly.

Hi, I already had a look at it and all my movies have been renamed by "the renamer" like this: "Movie (year) (1080p)"
The thing is they are correctly recognized by XBMC so I don't get why some of the aren't in the movie section Confused
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Perhaps the inclusion of (1080p) in the title is throwing the scraper a wobbly (try dropping it from a couple of the files you know haven't scraped and re-scan them and see what happens) - as nickr has said though a debug log is required, captured while attempting a scan of the movies.

A screenshot of your movie folder wouldn't go amiss either.

EDIT - just tried your naming convention and it scraped fine, so the addition of (1080p) shouldn't have any effect
Everything after (year) is ignored. But if the year is wrong the scraper will be thrown. Imdb is often out by a year.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Or it could be the movie db that is out? Wink
Imdb uses the year the movie first played, even at an obscure film festival. The commonly accepted practice is the year of general cinema release. That is what tmdb uses.
nick - that was just a throw away line, but with the amount of incorrect information and changes made to existing information in tmdb, it wouldn't be a surprise to find conflicting information lol.
Thank you all for you responses! Actually I found part of the problem.. The option "group movies in set" was check... I know, I know I could have seen that before... Angel

The thing is 80 files re-appeared in the movie section but I don't have so many collection so it's still weird... And I still miss 6 movies in the movie section and I can't find wich ones it's a mess..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie section uncomplete0