LiveTV on ATV2 (DVB-C HD channels)
I'd like to use the LiveTV/PVR functions in Frodo on my ATV2. I have cable-tv (DVB-C) with HD channels only.

Is this possible ? Any hardware recommendations ?
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
Depends on the stream. German HD channels won't work on atv2 because they are wonky and the ATV2 HW decoder pukes on them Sad
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Can't the decoding be done by the backend-server ?
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
no - this would mean transfering extracted full movie frames from backend to frontend. No way this would work.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ok, but there is a transcoding version of TvHeadend in the making. What would be the purpose of that ? https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/boar...opics/5859
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
That would solve it - it retranscodes/deinterlaces the content and transfers it re-encoded (not decoded!). Transcoding to a format which atv2 can handle would be a solution of course (if the backend is strong enough to do that).
Would this be sufficient (with standard TvHeadend backend): http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/living/enterta...001-n.html ?
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
I don't know that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveTV on ATV2 (DVB-C HD channels)0