Android Press and hold?
Hi all,

I have XBMC loaded on a Minix Neo X5, all works well except i cannot figure how to execute a "press and hold" command when using a wired mouse or a Measy RC11 Air Mouse.
What i mean is on my Galaxy Tab with XBMC when i want to re-scan a media folder for instance, i execute a press and hold on the folder on the touch screen and the context menu with extra options in it pops up, i cannot figure how to do this when using the Minix Neo X5 plugged into a tv, holding the left mouse button just executes an "enter" command, pressing the right mouse button executes a "back" command so how do i access the context menu?

Cheers

Sharpcroft
Anybody? Its driving me mad that i cannot do simple things like change folder contents from movie to tv series, its easy on a touchscreen tab but how do i do it on an android tv box with a keyboard/mouse attached?
(2013-02-01, 18:44)sharpcroft Wrote: Anybody? Its driving me mad that i cannot do simple things like change folder contents from movie to tv series, its easy on a touchscreen tab but how do i do it on an android tv box with a keyboard/mouse attached?

Same like on a regular installation.
Right click. Or 'c' key.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-02-01, 18:46)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 18:44)sharpcroft Wrote: Anybody? Its driving me mad that i cannot do simple things like change folder contents from movie to tv series, its easy on a touchscreen tab but how do i do it on an android tv box with a keyboard/mouse attached?

Same like on a regular installation.
Right click. Or 'c' key.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard

Right click for me on either the Measy RC11 airmouse or on a regular wired USB mouse acts like a "back" key on my Minix Neo X5 android (4.1.1) box, is there a setting or something that i am missing?
But pressing "C" does indeed bring up the context menu so at least i can do what i need, thanks.
I just hold down the mouse button for a long press...
(2013-02-06, 05:36)DevoiD Wrote: I just hold down the mouse button for a long press...

This does not work for me in Gotham, any idea how to get this feature to work in 13beta2? I use strictly a mouse on my android box to control xbmc and now I have no way of bringing up the context menu.
right mouse button doesn't work either?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-03-21, 10:52)Memphiz Wrote: right mouse button doesn't work either?

Right mouse is back in android.
Why ignore the solution to press the "c" key? Because that's the only method I know for the Maesy R11 using the Confluence skin. That is what I use. If you really want to do it using mouse movements and buttons, then you have to change the skin to for example "Re Touched". Then the context menu has a button you can click on.
(2014-03-23, 11:26)noderat Wrote:
(2014-03-21, 10:52)Memphiz Wrote: right mouse button doesn't work either?

Right mouse is back in android.

Right mouse click is context menu in Gotham beta/nightly builds. I just tested it to be sure. It will also do "back" if you use it while nothing is selected/targeted, which is the same for XBMC on all other OSes.
click the scroll bottom on your mous. It works for me
I use an Rii i8 mini keyboard and find that if you hold down the Fn key and press C, it operates just like the normal right button mouse operation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Press and hold?0