Linux Frodo Passthrough AC3 5.1 wrong channels sometimes
Official FRODO XBMCBUNTU release. I just did a clean install of "xbmcbuntu-12.00.Intel-NVIDIA.iso" from USB boot drive after using EDEN XBMCBUNTU for over a year, and had no problems with these same files on EDEN. Some but not all AC3 5.1 files when run through passthrough play through the wrong channels. All DTS 5.1 and most other AC3 5.1 files work properly . I have HDA intel onboard audio on a DG45FC intel board. My receiver ONKYO SR607 shows Dolby Digital but the rear surround L and R channnels play through the front L and R while the center channel has dialogue but might also have front L and R mixed in, It's hard to tell. And NO sound is playing through the rear speakers.

I have tried through optical cable and HDMI cable (HTPC to ONKYO to TV) trying numerous different settings in the AUDIO settings, and nothing works. I have compared the xbmc.log files for a Dolby Digital file that the passthrough sends channels properly and one that didn't send passthrough channels properly and they look identical. I also notcied that the ones that do work seem to be AVI Ac3 files and the ones that don't work seem to be MKV AC3 or WMV AC3. However some MKV AC3 files do work properly. I also did a "speaker-test -D hdmi -c 6" and it broadcasts through the proper speakers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Passthrough AC3 5.1 wrong channels sometimes0