DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2015-03-22, 22:08)Warner306 Wrote: Yes, I understand. I'm not trying to push external players. I was just pointing out that Kodi community is missing something by not using madVR. I have been using madVR because I think it adds something to the experience and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything as far as the core Kodi experience is concerned - even if I am using an external player.

By all accounts, it looks like aracnoz is going to at least make it to a test build with madVR integration. The debate about what filters to use can go on, but I see no reason not to use madVR as your video renderer. Combining ffdshow raw with madVR might be the best experience for many.

I have a multi-part guide in progress that outlines the basic set-up of DSPlayer with LAV Filters and madVR. It contains images and step-by-step instructions. I know that is presumptuous, but I was bored and like to write detailed guides.

If MadVR can be intregrated & performance not suffered much. I agree that it could be default for most people. But I like to point out that while that doesn't happen yet using DSPlayer with ffdshow raw and/or avisynth script would still has some advantage over using external player. Especially when properly configured the result is not much different as some claimed.

For example in my case, most my media (70% I guess) are Asian TV shows / Asian Movies which I mostly rely on unofficial translated subtitles to be able to understand. Kodi features like subtitles download , subtitles adjusting on the fly by GUI is breaking point for me. So external player is limited to those files with built-in subtitles which is really limited.

Getting most of DSPlayer now is still my preference.

Most people here knew about MadVR (The one who willing to use DSPlayer is probably not noob in these area). And I guess many like me used MadVR as renderer on desktop pc/notebook as well whether it be MPC-HC, Be or whatever fork there is, or Potplayer , KMPlayer etc. It just that MadVR is still not seemlessly integrated in Kodi so many won't tradeoff Kodi experience to go External player route as main player.

So I knew few that loves MadVR and try to shove it in the face of who that doesn't use it. Called them obsolete, noob etc. But in the end it's user preference of how they build & watch on their HTPC. It's about options.

Messages In This Thread
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by oldpoem - 2015-03-22, 22:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8