help installing frodo
Hello,

this is my first post here. I find myself in some trouble two atv2 at 5.02 jailbroken and running xbmchub wizard eden 11. tryed the frodo update installed and something went wrong. now when i attempt at selecting xmbc it blacks out and takes me to the main Apple TV home screen tryed uninstalling nothing i do has helped. if someone could help me out i would appreciate it. thanks in advance.
SSH into the ATV2 with an SSH client such as putty (assuming you use windows that is) and update manually?

How to Update ATV2 on iOS 5.0 or above via SSH
Also we do not support any wizard made by an unofficial 3rd party site
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-02-05, 19:34)Martijn Wrote: Also we do not support any wizard made by an unofficial 3rd party site

I know that now but still i need some help from you folks.
(2013-02-05, 19:41)epstein1 Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 19:34)Martijn Wrote: Also we do not support any wizard made by an unofficial 3rd party site

I know that now but still i need some help from you folks.

Just follow the wiki and hopefully you will be fine Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-02-05, 19:32)Shaolin Wrote: SSH into the ATV2 with an SSH client such as putty (assuming you use windows that is) and update manually?

How to Update ATV2 on iOS 5.0 or above via SSH

i did update manually and i keep going through a loop
(2013-02-05, 19:41)epstein1 Wrote: I know that now but still i need some help from you folks.

1. Download and Install Putty (assuming you use windows)
  2. Use the following settings but change 192.168.0.4 to your ATV2's ip address.
  3. Image
  4. When asked for a password, default password is alpine
  5. Once logged in type the following command and press return:
  6. Code:
    apt-get update
  7. Type this second command and press return:
  8. Code:
    apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
  9. Reboot

(2013-02-05, 19:42)epstein1 Wrote: i did update manually and i keep going through a loop

In that case try uninstalling manually first
Whoa whoa. It's Plex. Uninstall Plex or update it (I hear they have an update that fixes Plex/XBMC compatibility, but I don't use it).
I Can't install xbmc either, just updated to iOs 6.1 and used ih8sn0w.com to get the nitoTV, installed Openssh and used putty to manually install it but it keeps saying I already have the latest version of xbmc.

And no xbmc icon shows up on the front window of atv2..

(2013-02-05, 20:12)Hampfred Wrote: I Can't install xbmc either, just updated to iOs 6.1 and used ih8sn0w.com to get the nitoTV, installed Openssh and used putty to manually install it but it keeps saying I already have the latest version of xbmc.

And no xbmc icon shows up on the front window of atv2..

I guess we now know the answer to the question "does XBMC work on iOS 6 for ATV2?". The answer is no.
(2013-02-05, 20:08)Ned Scott Wrote: Whoa whoa. It's Plex. Uninstall Plex or update it (I hear they have an update that fixes Plex/XBMC compatibility, but I don't use it).

eden worked fine with plex its only when updating to frodo that this started
(2013-02-05, 20:42)epstein1 Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 20:08)Ned Scott Wrote: Whoa whoa. It's Plex. Uninstall Plex or update it (I hear they have an update that fixes Plex/XBMC compatibility, but I don't use it).

Yes, we know. So do the people who made the Plex ATV2 client, and they've made an update that fixes the issue with Frodo. I've been over this a dozen times already with various users.
Thanks, I didnt searched the forum since i really fucked up my movie night.. sigh.

Do u know when it's gonna be supported?
No one knows yet
(2013-02-05, 20:46)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 20:42)epstein1 Wrote:

Yes, we know. So do the people who made the Plex ATV2 client, and they've made an update that fixes the issue with Frodo. I've been over this a dozen times already with various users.

So how do I get the update? Can you direct me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help installing frodo0