Manually add movies to existing playlist
Hi all,

just a week ago I've upgarded V11 to V12 and it's a nice upgrade. I've created some playlists and 'told' XBMC where my files are for the playlists. I noticed that not all the movies which are in a folder on my Synology NAS, are in the playlists. I don't know why these movies aren't in the playlist.
My question is, how can I manually add those missing movies to my playlist?

Thanks in advance.
If they are regular playlists rather than smart playlists, they are just *.m3u files which you can open with a text editor and add the path/name of your desired movies. If they are smart playlists (file extension *.xsp), then your rule(s) need fixing if not all movies are being picked up.

See this wiki article for more information on playlists (including their default location): Playlists (wiki)
It is a smart playlist. I've tried to add separate files next to the existing rule (Path) but if I do that, the movie aren't visible anymore. When I delete to new rule, the movies are back on the screen. Does somebody know which rule I need to pick when adding separate movies?
(2013-02-12, 21:50)WLFRDP Wrote: I've tried to add separate files next to the existing rule (Path) but if I do that, the movie aren't visible anymore.
Probably because you specified that "all of the rules" must be met rather than "one or more of the rules"?
Quote:Does somebody know which rule I need to pick when adding separate movies?
You don't typically specify rules for including individual movies in a smart playlist; instead, you specify rules that are criteria for what you want included or excluded. If you have certain movies that do not show up in your smart playlist and these movie files are:
  • in the same folder as other movies that do show up
  • and these "missing" movies meet the same rule(s) as the visible movies
then it's possible these "missing" movies are not scanned into your video library. Smart playlists are only applicable for items in your library.

Also, it would help if you tell us what your original rule is for your playlist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually add movies to existing playlist0