Linux NFC tag pause/resume
This is both Linux and Android related. Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, so Mods feel free to move it as you see fit.

I have XBMC running on Linux, and a Samsung S3 phone. I use an XBMC remote app on the phone to control XBMC.

So far so good.

What I want to achieve is some method of using an NFC tag to pause/play toggle when the phone is put near it, ie when the wife needs to pee YET AGAIN in the middle of a film.

I have the NFC tag working. I need some info on whether I can pass a URI/URL or something to XBMC via the webserver to play/pause using the existing webserver, or if anyone knows of another way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance Smile

Phil
Bump. Anyone got any ideas?
json-rpc + tasker?
This is actually extremely easy to do using the old HTTP api but that interface is being passed out. As the other reply suggests going forward you would need to use the json interface. But you can probably still do it for now. Anything that can 'get' a normal web url can trigger these commands. Look up 'pause' on the wiki in the article on HTTP API
That will give you the form of the url you need to get. You can test it on any browser to make sure it works correctly (you need to turn on remote access to the web interface within xbmc settings first)
Once you have the correct URL, use an NFC tag writer to write it to the tag. As long as you have an NFC reader app installed that can read a URL from a tag and send it to the browser this will then pause xbmc. Just remember, you need to close that tab on your browser afterwards otherwise if it refreshes for any reason it will keep pause/unpausing! Would be good to find a tag app that just wgets the URL rather than sending it to the browser to avoid this issue but I never found one that does that when I was playing with this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFC tag pause/resume0