Some small issues.
Everything seems to be running great with XBMC 12 with NextPVR 2.5.9 and the latest batch of fixes using my HDHR3 for ATSC OTA (not QAM) except I have had two small issues.

Recordings are not showing up in XBMC after they are made.

That is until I exit and restart XBMC and then they are there under recordings. Do I have to scan them in somehow via library update/scan for new content like movies/tv shows library or should they show up automatically?

Not sure what is causing it but I am not running XBMC as persistent front-end so I don't mind but this might annoy some people that use it exclusively as a front end.

Second, Ive had one "lock up" on a channel. The video paused but the sound continued. If I changed the channel, I would still have the same still paused image but sound from the new channel. Stopping and starting fixed the issue and I haven't reproduced it. Perhaps since I am OTA there was a signal issue? Not sure what would cause that.

Aside from those I am having some usability issues with the GUI, or have suggestions for improvement. Everything is working but there are some oddities around the LiveTV portion. Perhaps it is how it is meant to be, perhaps not.

On my remote I have both a guide and menu button. Menu button I have mapped to "C" context menu command and Guide I have mapped to the command that brings up the Playlist. When watching Live TV they both do the same thing, bring up the current channels schedule. I'd like the Guide button to bring up the larger EPG for all channels, with the live channel minimized, is this possible?

Also My exit button is mapped to esc (or back)... There is one screen, the recordings screen, where if I hit it, it doesn't back out, though only if my recording list is empty. Even though I have the back and home icon on the bottom and can hit them with the mouse to back out, I am trapped there if I was with the remote unless I go to my Movies library via a button, then I can get out, or hit left on the recordings screen and get the slide out menu to get out of that screen. Not sure if this is intentional or not but it is annoying.

Finally my record button does nothing. I have the button mapped to standard MCE record command but nothing happens.

In generally I find the "on the fly" recording finicky (no issues with the scheduled recording). Sometimes it doesn't engage right away, so I push it again and I end up with duplicate recordings (this is going by the notifications on the lower right, plus the visual indicator on the channel list with the red circle). Also I would expect "stop" would stop recording but it doesn't, it just stops the live channel (though recording continues). Its not intuitive but certainly might be working as expected.
OK i can help you out with the EPG button, you need to map it to the command Ctrl+G.
There are issues with the playback of live TV that are down to the way XBMC handles the live streams. Some of my channels have a poor signal and when watching those channels I have pausing, buffering issues until i pause the stream and occasionally get what you experienced with the picture freezing and audio continuing. If i watch those same channels on Npvr they play ok but I will get digital artifacts when the signal is poor but it handles it much better than XBMC. So this freezing picture problem is more to do with how XBMC handles .ts streams and not an addon issue.

The recordings screen not updating until restarting XBMC is a known issue I believe and not an addon issue but not 100% sure on that one.

Instead of mapping back to the ESC key, map it to BACKSPACE and you will be ok.

I also can't get the recording button working so can't help you there.
Thanks.

Ive got the guide fixed up with Ctrl-G but I have to do some reprogramming with keyboard.xml and URC to also have my dedicated playlist button when not in the LiveTV context.

Also good to know the recordings not showing thing is an issue.

As for the back command, my remote is actually using the MCE Back command (VK_Back via showkeys.exe) which is the backspace key. From the Wiki:

Backspace - Back
Esc - Previous menu OR Home screen

Maybe I should be using Esc instead? Either way the back should still work on the recordings screen to get to the home screen I think. Can anyone else reproduce this issue?

As for the record button, if there is a direct record command, I could likely get it to work via keyboard.xml but I don't see a specific record command to map in keyboard.xml.
(2013-02-24, 17:45)BuddyRich Wrote: Also good to know the recordings not showing thing is an issue.

I didnt know this was a issue. I know that when recordings dont appear for me, i simply click another time on recording (from the side menu if your using Nox) and it refreshes with the latest recordings added.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-02-24, 17:45)BuddyRich Wrote: Maybe I should be using Esc instead? Either way the back should still work on the recordings screen to get to the home screen I think. Can anyone else reproduce this issue?

As for the record button, if there is a direct record command, I could likely get it to work via keyboard.xml but I don't see a specific record command to map in keyboard.xml.

I use backspace, which has worked fine

Ctrl+R works for me, but the relayed "Recording Scheduled" confirmation is not instant (2-3 seconds)
My problem is it just creates a schedule for the epg item and doesnt record instantly... not sure if this was the intent, as the instant recording will stop when the show is done rather than a free form record that stops when i tell it to.
(2013-02-27, 20:46)BuddyRich Wrote: My problem is it just creates a schedule for the epg item and doesnt record instantly... not sure if this was the intent, as the instant recording will stop when the show is done rather than a free form record that stops when i tell it to.
Sorry, that's just the way it works at this stage.
(2013-02-24, 18:18)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 17:45)BuddyRich Wrote: Also good to know the recordings not showing thing is an issue.

I didnt know this was a issue. I know that when recordings dont appear for me, i simply click another time on recording (from the side menu if your using Nox) and it refreshes with the latest recordings added.

I am also experiencing the problem with my recordings not showing up right away. I have a workaround to prompt a refresh (find something to delete). That works great for me, the problem is that it does not pass the wife test. Does anyone know if there is some setting or option that will prompt a refresh when a recording completes. Its funny I will be watching tv and a notification will pop up saying "recording Jeopardy has completed". But then when I go to the recordings screen it has not refreshed and I dont see my Jeopardy Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some small issues.0