[SOLVED-FAILED] MySQL server update - Libraries Empty
Code:
19:57:29 T:3884   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic32 [1045](Access denied for user 'xbmc'@'cAfstA-PC' (using password: YES))

This points to either not having your permissions set properly (didn't "grant all" access to 'xbmc' properly) or that your username/password isn't matching up with the DB (maybe you confused system password with user password?).

Only think I can tell you is to backup your database, wipe out mysql completely and reinstall. Follow the guide again to setup a new database, making sure that your root password (the first one you enter when using the MySQL client is different from the user ('xbmc')password.

And seriously, try using NavCAT to access the db, if you haven't yet. It will help you determine if your root or user permissions are screwed up or not.

Either way, it's definitely a different issue than what I'm having, as I can access and edit the DB just fine, but the library is still empty.
So let's try to recap the facts of what I'm seeing (or rather, not seeing):

1. Upon entering XBMC and selecting Movies (movie library), the Title list is blank (two "back" dots). LIBRARY EMPTY

2. Going up a level into the Files selection, allows all movie folders to be viewed and selecting any of the video files therein will play that video. SMB/SHARE ACCESS OK

3. Entering context menu and updating library, results in the DB being changed without error. This happens with current (restored) DB or a blank (empty) DB. Accessing the DB with NavCAT shows all populated data exist and nothing in log files. MySQL DB ACCESS AND advancedsettings.xml config OK

4. Removing guisettings.xml and running a default xbmc configuration doesn't have any effect. NOT A SKIN OR GUI ISSUE

5. Removing the advancesettings.xml file and allowing XBMC to use built-in SQLite module allows the library page to populate.

I'm wondering if something could be borked with the way the Library page connects to the DB itself. There are no errors/warnings indicated in any of my logs, the Library is just EMPTY...

I do see this solitary entry in my log, but I don't think it holds any real meaning for me:

Code:
19:29:41 T:10864   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Window(0).Property(RecommendedEpisode.1.Art(thumb)

Pretty, pretty please, can anyone with more expertise help?
hey jhhoffma...

Just a thanx for assisting with my issues bud. Seems all sorted now but will test tomorrow as wife busy using pc inside.

Hope you issues get sorted.

Thanx again
Well I did get my issues sorted, sort of.

I had to wipe my entire DB and start over from scratch (Movies, Music and TV). That was the only way that the DB would show up.

However, now that everything is on Frodo I can' manage my sets properly. Doesn't matter what's in the NFOs and how I organize things in Ember, XBMC just puts the files in willy-nilly. Some files are in the sets they should be, while others are not. But I'll start another thread on that...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED-FAILED] MySQL server update - Libraries Empty1