[BUG] Frodo incorrectly reading Music Tags during Music Library scan
The issue seems isolated on to the reading of tags from WMA files, not MP3 files. I have done some research and consulted with others, and it appears to be related to the core XBMC function of reading tags, not a function of music scrapers.

Initially, I thought the issue was only related to reading the YEAR tag in WMA files. I then noticed that these same files also do not have the ARTIST field populated, only the ALBUM field for the tracks themselves. The net effect is that the year is wildly incorrect (values can be between 1 and 5 digits) and affects album sorting and orders when sorting by YEAR, but the songs DO sort properly under the album and then the album sorts under the artist.

However, on the song information view it is not associated with any artist. This affects the display of fanart at the song level, either when browsing or on playback. This also affects the Artist Slideshow as it fails to be able to lookup any artist since the tags were not properly read.

This issue does not occur at all with any of my MP3 files that I have purchased from Amazon, only my WMA files, which is 95% of my library.

As a final data point, the tags on all of the WMA files are in fact correct. I have verified this with WMP, Zune, MediaMonkey and MP3Tag. None of these programs have any issue reading these tags. Additionally, this issue does not occur in XBMC 11.0 Eden; it only appears in Frodo.

I have a logged a Trac ticket for this also:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14110

I'm hoping a dev might weigh in here, and also am happy to provide assistance necessary to track this issue down.
Bumping this in hopes that someone from the dev team can take a look.
Think I am having the same problems, I noticed the Year was wrong on WMA files and also I am not getting fanart or artist slideshow either

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159252

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154794
yeah, looks like exactly the same problem as me. check and see if the individual tracks actually have an artist associated with them. they sort properly under the album and the album under the artist, but on the info displays, at least for me, the tracks don't have an artist which is very weird. the year on the albums is also messed up as well.
(2013-03-15, 05:49)deh2k7 Wrote: yeah, looks like exactly the same problem as me. check and see if the individual tracks actually have an artist associated with them. they sort properly under the album and the album under the artist, but on the info displays, at least for me, the tracks don't have an artist which is very weird. the year on the albums is also messed up as well.

Ok I will double check and report back. Which skin are you using btw?

Thanks
Please see here ---- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1366507
I also use Nox, but I have tried a number of other skins and they manifest the same behavior/issues. I definitely don't think this is skin related. I think it's a bug in how XBMC read the tags from the WMA files in the first place. Just to confirm with you, did you check out the tags in other applications besides XBMC? Did you see this issue in XBMC 11?
I never used XBMC 11. All tags are fine in Windows Media Player / Windows Media Center.
I found a solution for both issues (artist and year). Will open a pr soon.
Awesome news!
Just confirming I'm having exactly the same issue, regardless of skin. I've just spent some time trying to find threads and not found much so I thought it was me. I've re-tagged the files over and over with different versions and such and get the same each time.

Very excited about the pending fix, as I've really gotten to using the Music Library recently, and it ruins the look when I show people my music Smile
Looks like 12.2 is in testing and I'm hopeful that it will get into the 12.2 branch and not have to wait until 13. I'm downloading a copy of the 12.2 pre and will update with my findings.
I can happily confirm that everything appears to be working well after my intial tests with 12.2 pre from 4/19.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG] Frodo incorrectly reading Music Tags during Music Library scan0