Going from Frodo back to Eden 11 on my Apple TV 2
I installed Frodo 12 on my apple tv to check it out, but the buffering is too much when watching HD 1080p 3D movies so I would like to revert back to Eden 11 where the movies played smooth. I tried all the different trouble shooting tricks I found on the site but no go to improve the choppy playback. So would like to know what it the best way to revert my apple tv back to Eden, the instructions on the main xbmc download page is gone. Any help would be great.

Bigjdoberman
To improve the choppy playback, get a audiounit that supports dts and enable pass through. Problem solved (probably)
Just bought a new Pioneer Receiver that does. So don't think its the pass through that is throwing if off.. My Internet speed is around 30 mbps if that is your next question too.

Thanks

Bigjdoberman
I would agree going back to Eden, much stable. I anyway do not use PVR functionality and Airplay has no issues. However, i saw an improvement when i went to 5.1. Earlier it was on 4.3, it had a choppy playback.
Right now I am on software 5.2 (6010.96) which I think is the latest, the only trouble I have is getting xbmc Eden reinstalled on it, not sure if it was because Im on the latest software or not? Also there are no instructions really to be found on the XBMC site anymore for Eden install

Bigjdoberman
eden does not run on 5.2
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
How can I get mine back on 5.1, when I use Season Pass and when it comes up to the restore box I can see the two there (5.1 and 5.2) but it does like a auto select and always installs the 5.2... How can I avoid it to select the 5.1 option.

Thanks

Bigjdoberman
I just found out if you right click in Seas0nPass you can select the version you want....

Bigjdoberman
Get bac to 5.1 and install EDEN, all the chopiness vanished. Hence, something broke up in frodo. Guess
And without a debug log there is no fixing it..
(2013-03-13, 16:36)manju_rn Wrote: Get bac to 5.1 and install EDEN, all the chopiness vanished. Hence, something broke up in frodo. Guess

I got my apple tv 2 back on 5.1 but can't find the what to copy and paste in ssh anywhere... everyone I have tried had put Frodo back on.....Any help would be Great!!

Thanks

Bigjdoberman

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Going from Frodo back to Eden 11 on my Apple TV 20