[SOLVED] HD-Audio passthrough HD 4000
cd <source of tg3>
patch -p0 < patch.txt
or
patch -p1 < patch.txt

one of those should do it. Its not only makefiles.sh which needs patching ... just let "patch" decide what to patch Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
the file patched perfectly with your instructions, but unfortunately it threw up a whole heap of errors when i tried to compile it.

then on a whim i tried the 13.04 beta, the audio worked right off the bat, to a fashion, it took nearly 10 seconds for it to switch over to passthrough.

but again the ethernet connection was a no go, the final nail was 10bit , tried playing any of my 10bit encoded movies and i just got a green and blue swirly pattern screen and a total lock up of xbmc.

decided that ubuntu as is at the moment, really isn't an option for a dual booted mac and hd-audio running from a nas because of the lack of ethernet drivers, and am going to try and work with a pvr backend again in windoze

thank you very much to everyone who gave me assistance on this adventure.
i had another go at it and found a kernel that seems to do it all, 3.7.4

it's a little buggy though, everyy now and then getting an internal system error window coming up.

but the hd-audio works perfectly, the ethernet works (thanks a lot for that patch).

now on to lirc, but that should be relatively easy as i had a go with that on crystalbuntu some time last year and it's the same ir reciever and remote setup i am gonna use on here.
I'm running 3.7.7 (no hd audio equipment though).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] HD-Audio passthrough HD 40000