• 2(current)
Media Manager for Music
That would be awesome if he releases it! I really hope he includes an English version as well Big Grin

There are so many tv, video and even music video managers for xbmc, but no good music ones. Only music tagging software which does not help when trying to create the exact additional and supplementary files, such as nfo files, that xbmc and it's addons use.
What extra information are you missing? I would love him to finish this as well, but if you tag your music properly using Picard and then use cdart manager, you're pretty much going to get everything you need automatically from folders, fanart, cdart, album descriptions. I can't imagine what other information one might need. I have 35000 songs tagged this way and I honestly think I've made maybe 10 nfo files for things like adding descriptions to singles that can't be added to theaudiodb and fixing glitches like stupid Weezer naming three albums with exactly the same name.
(2013-07-29, 06:25)clubwerks Wrote: What extra information are you missing? I would love him to finish this as well, but if you tag your music properly using Picard and then use cdart manager, you're pretty much going to get everything you need automatically from folders, fanart, cdart, album descriptions. I can't imagine what other information one might need. I have 35000 songs tagged this way and I honestly think I've made maybe 10 nfo files for things like adding descriptions to singles that can't be added to theaudiodb and fixing glitches like stupid Weezer naming three albums with exactly the same name.

Yeah, I have done the same with Jaikoz which is another tagging software that utilizes musicbrainz heavily. All my tags are all correct and even got all my album art correct, something that took around 10 years to do with over 300k songs. The thing I like is the idea of having an app that stores all the information in a nice database that can be viewed outside of the music files themselves. Something that I can easily sort per album or artist and simply copy and paste the bios or album reviews that might be missing. Something that I can also add and link full size artist fanart to the artists. Ideally being able to store all this in a local database or file system. That way xbmc can read the files once and download anything missing once, then I can take it offline and have xbmc run all locally without having to be a web connected device.

Theaudiodb.com is a beautiful site and cdart manager seems to be pretty powerful. I just want something that has a bit more user interaction and that I can lock down once I am done. Preferably something along the lines of ember that does not have to run within xbmc to use (so much easier to update my music when remoted into my system from work when not in xbmc). I noticed that when I tried a couple of skins out with a few of the mods, it linked a lot of the images to last.fm and even pulled some of the album info from other sites instead of my comments tags in my music files. I understand that a lot of this gets cached, but I still would prefer to be able to update all my info locally and only have xbmc use the local info. It am hoping that .nfo files may be one way to do this.
I'm also excited about the prospect of this music video manager in English!
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
This looks a fantastic solution. Any timescale for an open beta of this?
Does anybody has news about this tool? I'm so interessed about it!!!!
The ideal approach for me would be the ability to have a single Artist.nfo file that contains info for every artist as well as artwork links. Scrap the use of artist folder structure. This would be a 'portable' solution that could be maintained through whatever XBMC or database upgrades or migrations happen, as well as something that could be available for multiple XBMC installations.

Add a simple GUI to populate and edit the nfo and I'd be in music art heaven.
Hello,

Not sure it will help but our application https://mycollections.codeplex.com/ can generate nfo file for music collections.
As we don't have XMBC player, i m not sure all information's are present. So don't hesitate to ask for improvement.
(2013-09-18, 16:12)mycollections Wrote: Hello,

Not sure it will help but our application (https://mycollections.codeplex.com/) can generate nfo file for music collections.
As we don't have XMBC player, i m not sure all information's are present. So don't hesitate to ask for improvement.

Thanks for the reference to this program. The ) at the end of your link is part of the link, so you need to modify it.

I see in the video that it does music, so I assume that means only audio and not music videos?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Hello,

I don't see any limitation about music videos, but if you find some, let us know and we will remove it Smile
Here is a quick tutorial about my Collections configuration for XBMC : https://mycollections.codeplex.com/wikip...nfo%20file
Hi
I'm trying to use this program my collections to create nfo file of artists (Queen, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, etc. ..) but I do not understand how to do it, and if it is possible to manually create the biography of the single artistConfusedSadSadSad
Hello Magico77,

Did you see the quick tutorial ?
No it's not possible to manually create artist biography.
The next version available this week, will offer better integration with XBMC.
We add artist bio modification in our TODO.
Thanx for the replay
Ok...sounds good...I'll download it when it will be available the new version
(2013-09-18, 16:12)mycollections Wrote: Hello,

Not sure it will help but our application https://mycollections.codeplex.com/ can generate nfo file for music collections.

AVOID THIS DOWNLOAD!!! I installed it and it is bundled with a very nasty malware downloader and installer!!!! I unchecked all the options to install any additional software and told it to skip the bundled software installs and it still installed a TON of garbage on to my system! The installer shutdown all my open web browsers without warning to install it's garbage. It ended up installing a system optimizer onto my system. Even after using the uninstaller for the extra software it installed it still left a lot of adware, spyware, and malware on my system. Malwarebytes found 40 items left over from this installer!

I do not know if mycollections software is legit or any good as I did not dare try running it after everything it's installer did. Any product that would bundle itself with something this bad could not be a reputable product. I would highly avoid downloading and installing this, if it is even legit, until the author unpackages it from all the malware that is bundled with it! And just to clarify, this installer is not like the annoying ones that include the ask toolbar, or google chrome in them. Those ones at least will actually skip the installs if you decide to uncheck them.
Hello hiphutch,

Our software is bundle with somoto Installer (http://www.somotoinc.com/).
As far as we know it's not installing any malware. After you post we try it again and it only ask to install : Delta Toolbar, Optimizer Pro.
If you click the right way nothing will be installed in your system. And you will be able to use our software without any issue.

We know that this system is far from perfect, but it's the only solution to continue offering free software.

Thanks
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Manager for Music3