Set MCE remote ID within XBMC
I have two different XBMC's running in my living room. As such, I would like to control them independently. I use a standard MCE remote, which works out-of-the-box with XBMC (wonderful !)

But one remote causes action on both XBMC's (confusing).

Easy solution, I think. MCE remotes first send an ID ahead of each command (defaults to "1"). See below on how to change that ID on the remote (e.g. to "2"). Now the kicker : How do I get XBMC to change the remote control ID that he's expecting (i.e. change it from "1" to "2")

NOTE : How to change the MCE remote to a different ID --> press and hold the DVD Menu button on the remote control, then press a number button (1-8) for five seconds. Remote controls with visible LED signal indicators will blink twice to confirm the change.

Thanks !
-Chad
Hi Chad,
I don't think XBMC is the right place to look for. You probably have to tell Windows to respond to the right one.
... found this thread: http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_...42294.aspx
This might help.

Cheers,
Allard.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Allard,

Thanks for the help ! I should have mentioned : This is XMBC running on top of Linux, more specifically, it's an OpenELEC build. So to your point, I guess I'm seeking a way to make that underlying Linux OS respond to the different remote ID.

-Chad

NOTE : For what it's worth, I did indeed successfully get a window box to respond correctly, via information in that very post you quoted Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set MCE remote ID within XBMC0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.