There has got to be an easier way.....
We have several PC's in our house used for various things. I'm just going to use 2 for the example of what I'm trying to make better. My gaming PC and HTPC. I have been using an HTPC for several years, but after just building a new one, now I'm on the hunt for making things easier. Currently the way our flow works is....I download the movie or episode on my gaming PC, run it through renamer, put it on a flash drive, take it to the HTPC, drag and drop in the correct folders, season , series etc.....restart XBMC to get all the info. It really just seems like I'm missing a better way. Also, when I first ran all my files through renamer a while ago...seems the DB's it was using didn't have the correct episode numbers and names.... For an example the first season of American Dad had only 9 episodes....yet it has made most of season 2 into season 1...which is incorrect so creates problems in the future. I have tried to run them back through renamer since the site is correct now...but it just shows that it cannot find the name of the episode...since it was already named to something with S1.E18...so now its looking for the 18th episode in season 1, which doesn't exist. So I guess this is a 2 part question.....faster and better way of getting files onto my HTPC and a way to fix the renamed issues without manually doing it.

Thank you
Run a sever, put sickbeard and couchpotato on it, and run ethernet to your clients.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2013-03-22, 00:29)Areonic Wrote: We have several PC's in our house used for various things. I'm just going to use 2 for the example of what I'm trying to make better. My gaming PC and HTPC. I have been using an HTPC for several years, but after just building a new one, now I'm on the hunt for making things easier. Currently the way our flow works is....I download the movie or episode on my gaming PC, run it through renamer, put it on a flash drive, take it to the HTPC, drag and drop in the correct folders, season , series etc.....restart XBMC to get all the info. It really just seems like I'm missing a better way. Also, when I first ran all my files through renamer a while ago...seems the DB's it was using didn't have the correct episode numbers and names.... For an example the first season of American Dad had only 9 episodes....yet it has made most of season 2 into season 1...which is incorrect so creates problems in the future. I have tried to run them back through renamer since the site is correct now...but it just shows that it cannot find the name of the episode...since it was already named to something with S1.E18...so now its looking for the 18th episode in season 1, which doesn't exist. So I guess this is a 2 part question.....faster and better way of getting files onto my HTPC and a way to fix the renamed issues without manually doing it.

Thank you

I'm curious why you would do that in the first place? Seems like a waste of time.

When I buy a disc I just take it straight to my main HTPC when I get home and rip the files to it. XBMC periodically updates the library by itself and there's nothing else I have to do.

It seems like you're making it a lot more complicated for some reason...

Like when I rip a season of a show - all I have to do is just point it to the parent directory and make a new folder - then each episode would just have a SxE in front of it. For example, I just ripped season 3 of Family Matters DVD that I picked up from wally world last night - Put it in my PC - ripped each episode to MKV with a 3x1, 3x2 etc in front of it. XBMC library updated automatically at some point and they are in there now.

Pretty simple.
Media Center Master can make this fully automatic. It has a download parser function that monitors a download folder. When it detects a new media file it will uncompress it if necessary, rename it, gather all the metadata and artwork, and then move it to your XBMC media source folder. Then it can even trigger an XBMC scan remotely after its done all this. You could map a network drive and have it automatically move the freshly processed files to your XBMC machine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
There has got to be an easier way.....0