XBMC Menu shrinking to 1/4 of TV Screen
Since upgrading my TV at Christmas, if I switch to another HDMI input, when I switch back toXBMC the program appears in a 1/4 size window.

The desktop jumps back to full HD mode 1920 x 1280. To get XBMC back I have to use a keyboard and mouse, the mouse to click on and activate XBMC and the keyboard to Alt+F4
Is there any setting I can modify?
What OS do you run XBMC on ?
Sorry, Windows 7, 64bit
In XBMC try using the setting "Use fullscreen windows instead of true fullscreen" that might help
This also can happen if you are using Windows 7 and HDMI to a TV. Basically is you change inputs or boot the XBMC without the TV on the correct input, it has to re-resolve the hdmi handshake and there is a well known problem in Windows 7 of it coming back with the wrong resolution. I do recall some registry edits that can be done to tell it to always be at the same resolution but will have to dig them up - will try when I get home.

If it is the problem I am speaking of, your PC screen will still be full, but the media center part of it (XBMC) is completely tweaked to about 60% of the screen.
(2013-03-25, 20:52)RubyDanger Wrote: This also can happen if you are using Windows 7 and HDMI to a TV...

I am having this exact problem. I'd like to know if you ever track down those registry edits.
(2013-03-25, 20:52)RubyDanger Wrote: This also can happen if you are using Windows 7 and HDMI to a TV. Basically is you change inputs or boot the XBMC without the TV on the correct input, it has to re-resolve the hdmi handshake and there is a well known problem in Windows 7 of it coming back with the wrong resolution. I do recall some registry edits that can be done to tell it to always be at the same resolution but will have to dig them up - will try when I get home.

If it is the problem I am speaking of, your PC screen will still be full, but the media center part of it (XBMC) is completely tweaked to about 60% of the screen.

Yes - that's about right. I'll see if I can find the registry hack.
So I found the reg edit thread - I have a feeling posting credit to the original poster would violate some rules here so I cannot do that - let's just say I haven't used XBMC for long...

in the reg, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration

Under there, I had three subtrees. this is where the control of what to do in certain instances are set. I found that I needed to change ALL entries under all subtrees to match what I wanted my hard coded resoultion to be set to.

under all the subtrees you will keep digging to find the following...
PrimSurfSize.cx
PrimSurfSize.cy
ActiveSize.cx
ActiveSize.cy

I set the .cx to 1920 and the .cy to 1080. Problem solved for me for now. The PrinSurfSize entries are under a "00" subtree, and the ActiveSize is under a "00" subtree UNDER the 00 subtree.

so you need to look in..
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\xxx\00\00
("xxx" gets replaced by what ever entries are under the Configuration tree)

This fixed worked for me on one of my machines, but not on another one. Ultimately (and I hated to do it) I set those machines back to Vista to run my media server since the problem does not exist in Vista - Does it exist in Win8?? Dunno

Good luck
Ithink it is ok to point at
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...68fbd106aa
I had this same problem and the registry changes worked for me.
That is a better link than where I got it from.
Hmmmm.

I've visited this section of the registry and had lots of entries. So, after backing up this tree, I deleted most of them. After a reboot, three returned.

I set all the values to 1920 x 1080 ( in decimal) and now when I return the HDMI input to XBMC, the XBMC is the correct height, but only 80% of the screen width.

Any ideas why?
This is still bugging me.

I've tried checking the registry, and setting everything to 1920 x 1080 manually, but after a restart it goes wrong again.

I seem to be getting additional entries under the registry key for the screen.

Is there anything else I can try?
I had the same problem, this was DRIVING ME CRAZY!

I have a laptop, connected to a 40" TV via HDMI, set all the registry keys to 1920, 1080 as above but no joy, Kodi still lost full screen when my TV came back from standby.

If the above does not work and/or you have a similar setup, try setting your "scaling" to a non-standard setting...

Right click on the desktop > Display settings > Custom scaling > Enter a number (I was on 150% scaling, so I entered 151%) - VIOLA!

Hope this helps!
(2017-07-28, 03:13)martinzima Wrote: Hope this helps!

After more than 3 years, he's probably stopped looking
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Menu shrinking to 1/4 of TV Screen0